hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2009
hi,
just found this website last night , have question about hitting .after reading all the answers on hitting not one said anything about what i think is the most important part of hitting , and that is the batting stance . how about posting some ideals on it , and i will post what i think is the best stance.

Jul 21, 2008
I believe the batting stance matters very little and it is more of a style. IMO everything you do before toe touch is style and everyone can and will be different. As long as you get to a good hitting position at toe touch it does matter how you get there. Just my opinion.

May 12, 2008
stance

I would agree with coachdan with one exception. The only time I will mess with a kids stance is when their vision is impaired. If they have their head tilted too much to one side or they are not using both eyes, then I will adjust their stance. This will help them identify the ball earlier.

Dec 3, 2008
I think the most important part of your stance is being balanced and comfortable. I think the best stance is the one you could stand in all day without being uncomfortable. My ideal stance is to have my players stand loosely with their bat on their shoulder. Then, pick up the bat and -- tada -- batting stance.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
You must first be balanced and the only way I know to do that is to bend at the waist first and then soften the knees. It is also termed sequential core loading by getting the body balanced from the ground up. If you have ever played basketball it is a similar position if you think you are guarding someone or using an athletic position. If you are not balanced and the weight is on the back foot, you will never hit for power! The two eye look has been covered above. That is why we teach a 5 degree offset stance.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28