Hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
Diagnosing problems in a complex motor skill over the internet without at least seeing a video clip of the hitter in question is a matter of guessing. And yes, much of the advice on the net and down at the local batting cage does not stand up under scrutiny when checking said advice against slow motion video of the best in the world. If that makes you angry rather than sending you to video of the best in the world to help me learn what I don't understand then perhaps you should consider comparing everything you believe about swing mechanics to slow motion video of the best in the world?

My pet peeve is people who take money to teach kids things about hitting that a few minutes with slow motion video of the best in the world would show to be NOT what the best in the world actually do. No doubt you may have the resume you claim. I can find others with equal or better resumes who say you are wrong. Then I can find others with sparkling resumes who say all of you are wrong. So how's a dad or mom supposed to figure out who to believe? I suggest of course, comparing everything anyone says to slow motion video of the best in the world. It's not a perfect test for reasons that deserve a thread of their own, but it's the best truth detector the average parent or young hitter has.

May 12, 2008
Hello I have been having success at the plate for almost three months but lately I have been told that I am "dipping my shoulder" and that is causing my shoulders to open wrong or to soon which is causing me to take my eyes off the ball. They countinue to tell me this but never tell me how to fix it. In other words I am confused about what I am doing wrong and I have no idea how to fix it. I would love for some advice please!

There is dipping the shoulder and then there is dipping the shoulder. If your dipping looks like 1 through 8 on this link, then no problem. Analysis

No need to get mean, thank you all for the help. Sorry I don't have the skills to put a video on here lol. That is probably very complicated. Agian thanks for all the input on my problem. I have elimination games tommarow so wish me luck.

May 12, 2008
Good luck and hopefully you learned something or at least found some interesting questions. I hope I didn't come across as mean. I do know I can sound arrogant and I'm making an effort on here to avoid that.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I saw the foot come up, but I believe the right foot came up because of such a tremendous weight transfer to the left foot. Her travel coach told me when she was 11 that she was the best hitter he'd ever seen, and he had coached two Olympians and a 1000+ college players.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802