Hitting video Hall of Shame

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Can we just rename this thread the Jeff Fyre Hall of Shame? I accidentally found my way to his twitter account last night, and it's aggressively, proudly wrong about nearly everything.

Frye has been promoting a book about how to teach kids to hit. The author of the book has a website that includes a link to a video of the author demonstrating his instruction. This is the essential moment...

I asked Frye (very respectfully) to confirm that this is the instruction he believes is a good idea for young players. He blocked me - LOL.

There's also this...

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Frye has been promoting a book about how to teach kids to hit. The author of the book has a website that includes a link to a video of the author demonstrating his instruction. This is the essential moment...

I asked Frye (very respectfully) to confirm that this is the instruction he believes is a good idea for young players. He blocked me - LOL.

There's also this...

How can he support something that can’t even be used with his chop swing. The rotor takes the back leg, his chop happen on the front leg! #shegone alright. lol.

Aug 1, 2019
MN

There's also this...

That chop swing looks to be a similar motion to a "radar hall of shame" video where the guy was turning and stabbing his radar gun down at the ball as it went by him.

Feb 25, 2020
That chop swing looks to be a similar motion to a "radar hall of shame" video where the guy was turning and stabbing his radar gun down at the ball as it went by him.

Some would say that chop swing looks similar to what's in the Cooperstown hall of fame. Cue the Mike Schmidt and Bonds et al

Reactions: TDS
May 24, 2013
So Cal
How can he support something that can’t even be used with his chop swing. The rotor takes the back leg, his chop happen on the front leg! #shegone alright. lol.

When I posted this video, and asked him "this is what you promote for teaching young hitters, right?", he blocked me - LOL.

Oct 2, 2017
Jeff frye doesn't have a clue on what he "teaches" or "Would teach". He is simply out to take jabs, just the like the other guy :ROFLMAO: His main stick, is "I nevery did those stupid drills, I played pro, What I say is right" What I dislike the most about Frye, is criticizing drills that he doesn't even know what its being used for or posting something that he views as a Gotcha Jab that is totally false. Such as this today, and people totally lap it up.

Not knocking the guys career by the way, or saying he doesn't know anything. Made it farther than most dream of. To be honest I think he knows a ton about approach, which is where he should focus, IMO. He has the experience there.

As if any "Guru" doesn't want or promote palm up at contact and through.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Jeff frye doesn't have a clue on what he "teaches" or "Would teach". He is simply out to take jabs, just the like the other guy :ROFLMAO: His main stick, is "I nevery did those stupid drills, I played pro, What I say is right" What I dislike the most about Frye, is criticizing drills that he doesn't even know what its being used for or posting something that he views as a Gotcha Jab that is totally false. Such as this today, and people totally lap it up.

Not knocking the guys career by the way, or saying he doesn't know anything. Made it farther than most dream of. To be honest I think he knows a ton about approach, which is where he should focus, IMO. He has the experience there.

He didn't mention Barry Bonds! "Albert is the king!"

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago

Can someone explain the #shegone thing? I just assumed it was a troglodyte using a feminine pronoun to insult men who "do things wrong" (because to some people calling someone a woman is the worst possible insult), but maybe there's something else behind it?

Jun 8, 2016
Can someone explain the #shegone thing? I just assumed it was a troglodyte using a feminine pronoun to insult men who "do things wrong" (because to some people calling someone a woman is the worst possible insult), but maybe there's something else behind it?
I want to say it was something Richard said when he was taking a swing and his online enemies have taken it and used it to poke fun at him..or something like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom