Hitting to the opposite field

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I believe that what i was describing was what I know to be bat drag. they mantain the 90 degree angle and then snap the bat head and extend the arms at contact. Is this not proper mechanics?

May 12, 2008
Depends on what you mean by power V, snap and wrist roll. Those terms sound like the old verbiage used by fp instructors 10 years ago but they may mean very different things to you. No way to say without video. If you are willing to travel to Dallas or Houston I could offer a recommendation of someone to answer a lot of questions in a hurry in person.

I may very well be behind the times on some things and that is why I am on these forums asking these particular questions. I believe I have a stacked team and am willing to learn everything I can in order to pass it on to them. I have coached them to this point and I know theres more out there than what I have personal knowledge of. I have a baseball background, NAIA ball, and im concerned that my baseball philosophy might be detrimental to their softball approach. I will try and get some video to show.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom