Hitting screens

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I use a Powernet I-net pitching screen on a Bownet frame when doing front toss to Maddie. It takes direct hits just fine. You just want to be sure you give yourself a little space between you and the net, because it will move a bit when it absorbs the impact.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I use a Powernet I-net pitching screen on a Bownet frame when doing front toss to Maddie. It takes direct hits just fine. You just want to be sure you give yourself a little space between you and the net, because it will move a bit when it absorbs the impact.

If it works with Maddie, then it should be fine. Yes a little space between you and the net. One reason for getting one of these nets is I want it portable. These nets fit in a bag.

Jun 8, 2016
I have a portable Atec L-screen. It is twice as expensive as the one you showed but has lasted me 4+years (well the bag zipper doesn't work anymore..)

Sep 17, 2009
If it works with Maddie, then it should be fine. Yes a little space between you and the net. One reason for getting one of these nets is I want it portable. These nets fit in a bag.
definite benefit is portability and ability to share poles with bigmouths. one final warning: YOU will get used to it but when someone else steps behind it be sure to give a strong warning. had someone come to my cage when I wasn't there and there was....an accident :(

May 24, 2013
So Cal
definite benefit is portability and ability to share poles with bigmouths. one final warning: YOU will get used to it but when someone else steps behind it be sure to give a strong warning. had someone come to my cage when I wasn't there and there was....an accident :(

Good safety tip!

Feb 16, 2015
South East
I usually anchor the front legs of mine with trampoline stakes....... a direct hit will cause it to fall back onto you but so will moderate wind speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
Geez you guys were making me feel like a sissy... until I sat here and thought about all the players I have been fortunate enough to throw to.

Two from that 12u team I mentioned just hit P5 schools this year. They were already hitting the ball scary hard by then. This year I had 3 d1’s on my 18u team. One SEC, one Big10 one mid major. Had another kid that is going to community college that hits the ball as hard as anyone I’ve ever thrown to.

I guess that’s why I prefer the heavy screens, lol. And y’all know that a Bownet Bodyguard comes in a bag, right?

Last edited:
May 23, 2015
Geez you guys were making me feel like a sissy... until I sat here and thought about all the players I have been fortunate enough to throw to.

Two from that 12u team I mentioned just hit P5 schools this year. They were already hitting the ball scary hard by then. This year I had 3 d1’s on my 18u team. One SEC, one Big10 one mid major. Had another kid that is going to community college that hits the ball as hard as anyone I’ve ever thrown to.

I guess that’s why I prefer the heavy screens, lol. And y’all know that a Bownet Bodyguard comes in a bag, right?
Haha! Been there! Do you squeal a little when they hit up the middle? I love it when they catch you slipping and the ball grazes your arm or it hits the top of the cage, over the L screen, and hits you on the top of the head

Jun 8, 2016
Haha! Been there! Do you squeal a little when they hit up the middle? I love it when they catch you slipping and the ball grazes your arm or it hits the top of the cage, over the L screen, and hits you on the top of the head
The screens they have at DD’s org’s facility have a part which extends over the thrower.

Dec 11, 2010
@625ender , yeah, they laugh at my flinch, lol!

I need the overhead thing for my home screen! My cage is in a building with 10’ ceiling so I have the net stretched pretty tight to allow a little more overhead space. If they hit it just right and I’m not close enough to the pitching screen they can skip it off the top net and get you. Have to wear a helmet when I’m pitching. The head shots can be pretty loud!

At first I had to learn to get my hand out of the way. I still get hit every once in awhile on my right side but those are usually glancing blows off the edge of the net.

I don’t know how it happened but dd rocked me pretty good last summer. She usually laughs but this time she said “Ooh, that looked like it hurt”. She has been working on her sympathetic tone for her dad to the point I almost believed her, lol

I saw in another thread that someone was talking about learning to pitch full distance. I’ve come a long way in learning to throw but I’m not even close to being able to do that.

I love front toss even when it hurts a little. I always told the players it was “the most fun I’d have all week”.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee