Hitting Questions?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I would agree with Tom, any high level team isn't about developing players.

If a player has to be developed, there is no chance of making the team.

And anyone coaching a very high level team with players coming from many areas and miles apart, and claiming they have the time to develop each players is ridiculous.

Most players at that level already have an instructor for pitching and hitting, and the coach of a elite team usually isn't their instructor. Even if they try to be.

You might have a good team and then get a wake up call playing against superior talent. And find that adjustments are needed.

Jul 14, 2008
I would agree with Tom, any high level team isn't about developing players.

If a player has to be developed, there is no chance of making the team.

And anyone coaching a very high level team with players coming from many areas and miles apart, and claiming they have the time to develop each players is ridiculous.

Most players at that level already have an instructor for pitching and hitting, and the coach of a elite team usually isn't their instructor. Even if they try to be.

You might have a good team and then get a wake up call playing against superior talent. And find that adjustments are needed.

Spoken by a true outsider........Seeking athletisim is NOT seeking the "made" player.........Give me an athletic kid who can't throw hit or pitch any day of the week........

That would describe MOST of the players who entered my organization and left with a scholarship..........

IF you've ever attended a high level practice, you'd see skill development across the board (no pun intended).......We aren't sitting behind your computer with you.........

Throwing drills, hitting drills, running drills......and on and on and on.......3 times a week, for upwards of 3 hours........

Both of you have NO clue about what happens at the highest levels......

I'm just glad you're putting your positions out here............

Buyer Beware..........

May 7, 2008
San Rafael, Ca
BM-

You should be able to have the same degree of in depth ability to teach the overhand throw and the MLB pattern swing as you do fastpitch pitching.

You need to keep learning. Wolforth and Nyman's throwing info is easily available and the combo of the two is comprehensive.

In the swing you need to keep working to see the difference between knob pull/PCR pattern and the MLB pattern where the handle is turned. It is inexcusable for someone like you not to be able to see the difference in barrel path as discussed in this thread.

Baseball Fever - View Single Post - Fundamental Swing Q&As

This is not a different pitch/location/baswing thing. these are totally different patterns which you should undertsand and not mix.

Get out of your complacent attitude and really try to find the truth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23