Hitting lesson for BB today:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Cannonball,
I enjoying you sharing your work outs with BB. As you may or may not know I'm a visual person/learner. So, what you have presented/laid out will take me a few days to process. I have too try and picture what you are explaining or I will search for the visual/videos/gifs, example:
so you have seen the video of Bustos hitting the ball at the back of the plate.
that you mention or reference in your postings. So, it may take me and others some time to 'digest' all this information. Then I'm sure there will be questions and comments. As always I do appreciate and read all that you are willing to share. I hope BB has a great upcoming season.
The bass...

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
One dad said to his daughter that this is what it takes to be good. Well, practicing with a purpose is what it takes.

Being a dad several years behind you on this journey, I am grateful that you are willing to share the experience. As RDB stated, it will take me a while to digest your posts, but I do intend to utilize some of this. You have touched on some things that have been heavily debated, but I am not a fan of cookie cutter approaches. There is much to be learned, and I am not sure any one person has all the answers. I enjoy reading/studying various theories and opinions.

That said, the quote above is priceless and I don't think can be questioned. Thank you.

May 13, 2013
Cannonball can you please take look at my thread in the technical section and give.me some feedback, it title is constructive critism welcome. Thanks

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I don't have any idea if any of this makes sense to any of you.

Dang, y'all's hitting practice make mine look like the .99 cent aisle at Walmart. :(

Here is what is written on an index card for today’s lesson.

Again you've outdone me, I only had 6 index cards we used from the first day.

[Hit]
[Ball]
[Hard]

[Don't]
[Strike]
[Out]

BB just called and wants me to meet her again tonight. She is staying in St. Louis and so, it is a 30 minute drive for both of us to meet. She wants to do the same lesson again. This time, she only has 45 minutes since she is giving lessons herself afterwards. I can't wait.

That's worth more than gold. I envy you.

Last edited: