Hitting Guru

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I don’t care to dispute it but, I just don’t see TMs pull-back or his gears meshing with JTs swing. I don’t see a turn the barrel path. I don’t see him stay back and tilt. Aren’t those the three main components of TMs system?

Imo. TM is the ONLY guru who believes what he does.

Every other guru has their specifics, but come pretty close to what they think is correct hitting mechanics. Maybe just different muscle groups which power these mechanics.

They all believe in shift before swinging. They believe in hand path and ‘long through’ the zone. TM does not. He believes the shift is the swing and ‘deep’ in the zone.

Not saying TMs stuff doesn’t work. It’s just not the MLB HOF sequence. It’s not what Barry, Albert and Griffey did. Or what Trout, Betts and Yelich do. Jmho.

We see what we want to see, I guess. I was only talking about what I see. That said, I don't know anything.

Jan 28, 2017
Played college ball and coached HS baseball many moons ago. My swing and teaching was more than along Latta's teachings. Have been using TM patterns with my kids. 13 year old DD that snuggles with constancy and a 10 year old son that can hit it pretty dang good for his genetics but even though teaching TM patterns he swings more like Latta. Confused. Lol

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
At this point in my life:

images

images

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
There are more similarities between many of the so-called experts than some people are willing to admit. Sure there are differences but they are typically overblown by some.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
How to swing a bat and how to balance to swing a bat is hardly specifics. More like fundamentals. Most gurus agree. One that I know of doesn’t. I’ll go with the majority here since it matches video and descriptions from the greats.

Shoehorning is detrimental. Especially to someone trying to learn to teach their child. Please try to keep that in mind.

Jun 8, 2016
One that I know of doesn’t.
You will have to give us a hint here @Work=wins. How are we supposed to know who that "One" is? You have never displayed an unhealthy obsession with knocking any particular hitting instructor as far as I can tell. Please don't leave us hanging like that.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You will have to give us a hint here @Work=wins. How are we supposed to know who that "One" is? You have never displayed an unhealthy obsession with knocking any particular hitting instructor as far as I can tell. Please don't leave us hanging like that.

Not baiting me today Pattar. 😎 It’s the dishonesty I can’t bear. Nothing more.

Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Not baiting me today Pattar. 😎 It’s the dishonesty I can’t bear. Nothing more.

WW, You point out that some folks have never felt the difference so it all looks, feels to be the same.. Truly unless one has felt the movement difference it all looks the same.

Unless one releases into both legs while gaining ground during pitch recognition the pattern difference will not be recognized.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Its hard to let go of the rear leg being in control.. When one sequences correctly the job of the rear leg/hip relationship should/will happen naturally.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478