hitting drills/ ideas for injured player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 19, 2009
I have a right handed hitting player with an injured right ankle and she is not allowed to put weight on the ankle to swing.

Is there anything she can do to work on her hitting? I can have her sit in a chair and swing so she can work on upper body, but cannot get any hip rotation. I don't want to ruin her fluidity so I am scared to do this.

This is a high school player and games begin on the 21st.

Thanks

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I Can't think of anything you can do involving the lower body which would not put weight on that ankle. Depending on the severity of the injury, she could do swings on one knee. Also, If you have one of those huge exercise balls, she can sit on the ball while hitting off a tee or maybe soft toss (I was unable to find a video to show you), but I think you usually use the feet and ankles doing that.

at least work the arms and wrists. One arm swings, both arms. take it easy (Don't swing at 110%, more like 50% - 75% but play it by ear) the goal being to improve strength and keep loose. You want her to maintain flexibility so that when she comes back she doesn't strain a Lat or oblique or something.

Actually, sitting in my swivel desk chair at work, I just realized ia can get a good swing with minimal involvement of the feet. Certainly no weight on them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom