Hitting disk

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2019
Has anyone used these and if so, are they valuable in any way? I'm hoping they help with rolling over.

Dec 11, 2010
I would avoid them for the reason Shawn said.

The videos they use to market the product look awful to me- bat drag city.

As far as a training aid that doesn’t require much instruction, you might look at the half bat trainers. Pretty straightforward, a lot of good can come from whacking foam and tennis balls with one of these.

B7698396-A67D-4639-AB1D-4ED91621DC59.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2018
I use the hitting disks and the half bat with a lot of success. What Shawn said can be true if you just set kids loose without any instruction/directions on how to use the disks. I find the disks to work REALLY well when done correctly. I have a hitter who went from having huge bat drag with both elbows leading the way to now starting to feel where elbows should be and how bat path should look. Giving a target for the disk is huge, also, starting slow and having them end at extension starts to help hitters feel how their body should feel throughout the swing.

Personally, I would highly recommend the hitting disks, but they do require instruction and monitoring to ensure they are effective.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
I would avoid them for the reason Shawn said.

The videos they use to market the product look awful to me- bat drag city.

As far as a training aid that doesn’t require much instruction, you might look at the half bat trainers. Pretty straightforward, a lot of good can come from whacking foam and tennis balls with one of these.

View attachment 20696

When buying this bat. What size do you suggest for a 12u?

Dec 11, 2010
I think I would go with the 30” for now? The 33” would not be too heavy but when you hit light balls with any bat they can figure out how to hit it off the end of the bat if that makes sense.

The slightly shorter bat also might encourage correct tilt.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
I think I would go with the 30” for now? The 33” would not be too heavy but when you hit light balls with any bat they can figure out how to hit it off the end of the bat if that makes sense.

The slightly shorter bat also might encourage correct tilt.
30" was perfect for us, thanks again for the suggestion on this bat.

Apr 9, 2020
we do a two tee drill, one at point of contact and another out in front about a foot, forces to extend out thru the ball and instant feedback if done correctly first ball hits into second if rolls over the first ball goes to left side... may have to play around with distance of front ball so bat doesn't hit into it. we use a gtee triple tee but her hitting coach showed us first with two basic tees good luck, trust me I have bought a lot of gadgets as well some work some don't, not always the fault of the gadget sometimes the instructor (me lol ).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28