Hip hinge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Don't rock back. Heel goes down, hips go forward. That's my bottom line...

Rocking back wasn't a good description. DD is heel down and go. I do not remember if it was taught that way or natural to her. Why would a hip hinge be bad? It would seem the pitcher would be able to get more push. Trying to learn and my brain gets in the way. Thanks

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Rocking back wasn't a good description. DD is heel down and go. I do not remember if it was taught that way or natural to her. Why would a hip hinge be bad? It would seem the pitcher would be able to get more push. Trying to learn and my brain gets in the way. Thanks
Do you mean hinge as in bend over, like Abbott?

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
The hip hinge is one of the fundamental movements seen in a lot of athletic movement.It’s a staple of deadlifts, squats, and anything that requires explosiveness, like olympic lifting, sprinting, and even seen in pitching.

A big problem a lot of people get into is figuring out how to get the hips to move without getting the low back to flex along with it. The lumbopelvic disassociation is a common limiting factor, but a major one to overcome if you want to hoist many pounds against the pull of gravity without unzipping your spine from your torso.

The hip hinge is essentially limiting the movement potential of the entire system to having all flexion and extension driven from the hip joint. The goal is to have the spine stay neutral throughout the entire movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2019
I
The hip hinge is one of the fundamental movements seen in a lot of athletic movement.It’s a staple of deadlifts, squats, and anything that requires explosiveness, like olympic lifting, sprinting, and even seen in pitching.

A big problem a lot of people get into is figuring out how to get the hips to move without getting the low back to flex along with it. The lumbopelvic disassociation is a common limiting factor, but a major one to overcome if you want to hoist many pounds against the pull of gravity without unzipping your spine from your torso.

The hip hinge is essentially limiting the movement potential of the entire system to having all flexion and extension driven from the hip joint. The goal is to have the spine stay neutral throughout the entire movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
s there anyone on this board that can explain this is Simple terms?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802