Hip and Tilt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Love the the forearm bicep pinch. I just gave may DD that exact cue the last couple BP sessions.

Be careful withe a "bicep pinch" instruction. If she's holding that pinch too long, it will turn into pulling the barrel laterally across the ball at contact. Make sue she keeps working out from the rear shoulder, with the rear elbow moving down and through.

Oct 2, 2017
Be careful withe a "bicep pinch" instruction. If she's holding that pinch too long, it will turn into pulling the barrel laterally across the ball at contact. Make sue she keeps working out from the rear shoulder, with the rear elbow moving down and through.
I definitely see how that could do that if over done.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
ScapPivot.gif

ScapPivotPullBack.gif

ScapPivotTwist.gif

ScapPivotRelease.gif
All this shows is no one looks like what he is doing

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If you don't mind me asking, what do you need by tilt creates spacing?

CL,

Lateral tilt, which I think is the topic at hand right now is something that is needed to clear space for the barrel to get to pitches especially on the inside without compensations, not as much on the outside pitch. Compensations such as rushing the barrel through or pulling the barrel across towards the pullside dugout will ensue if tilt isnt present. Tilt over the plate is needed as well to get to inside pitches(spacing)and also to stay on outside pitches as long as possible. So pulling off won’t be a thing. Not to mention a power leak will most likely happen if the posterior load is broken due to bad posture.

I believe it’s been said already but tilt over the plate is something that should be maintained into launch; when posture and balance are present in the sequence.

Added: lateral tilt is reactive, tilt over the plate is a must. Jmho.

Oct 2, 2017
CL,

Lateral tilt, which I think is the topic at hand right now is something that is needed to clear space for the barrel to get to pitches especially on the inside without compensations, not as much on the outside pitch. Compensations such as rushing the barrel through or pulling the barrel across towards the pullside dugout will ensue if tilt isnt present. Tilt over the plate is needed as well to get to inside pitches(spacing)and also to stay on outside pitches as long as possible. So pulling off won’t be a thing. Not to mention a power leak will most likely happen if the posterior load is broken due to bad posture.

I believe it’s been said already but tilt over the plate is something that should be maintained into launch; when posture and balance are present in the sequence.

Added: lateral tilt is reactive, tilt over the plate is a must. Jmho.

Thanks for the reply that is a better explanation of what I was trying to make in my earlier response in this thread about keeping the head and. Best over the toes if you will.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee