Hillhouse needs help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
Semi-long post, please read. As many of you know I am a pitching coach, i have paid it forward on this forum and others with answering questions, comments, and endless private messages. As some of you know, my only child is 15 and lives 5000 miles away in Copenhagen Denmark, whom I drop all things in live to visit him every other month at minimum for the last 10 years. I was informed today my son has an emergency medical condition that I am desperate to be there for him. You see, Alex is autistic and extremely scared with the disruption in his routine. Over the last weeks, months and even years I have "paid it forward" to many people here and I am hoping some will reciprocate. A ticket to Denmark without much notice is in the $1000's of dollars flights, car, accomodations, etc., I am hoping many here will offer generosity and support to help me be with my son at this difficult time. I do NOT want to go through "Go fund me" or other crowd sources as they take upwards of 25% of donations. And believe me I would not be swallowing my pride to seek this help if it wasn't a desperate time. I am truly desperate to be there for him by the weekend if I can raise the funds. If you find it in your hearts to share, donate, my paypal ID is <houseofpitching@yahoo.com> And I think most of you know me enough to know this is not some cheap scam. I received Sluggers permission for this post. A last minute trip is incredibly expenseive anywhere, but to Europe, It's insane. I will always continue to supply what wisdom I have to this forum with all things pitching when asked but now it's me seeking your help. Again, <houseofpitching@yahoo.com>

Oct 2, 2018
Georgia
A last minute trip is incredibly expenseive anywhere, but to Europe, It's insane. I will always continue to supply what wisdom I have to this forum with all things pitching when asked but now it's me seeking your help. Again, <houseofpitching@yahoo.com>
[/QUOTE]
Hope your son is ok! Praying for him.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Bill,
I hope DFP is able to help you out as you have been a great Coach, Mentor, and Contributor to this site over the years. With that said, my "help" as mentioned above comes with strings attached (I should have mentioned that earlier).

The strings are once you get everything settled and all is okay with your son (prayers his way and I mean that, he has a ton of support from this site) and you get back to lessons in Dallas, you have to commit to the following:

I will buy you dinner (preferably steak but I am flexible) and @sluggers has to join us. Bill, we met in San Antonio years ago so it will be good to see you again and @sluggers is local and would be great to finally meet the legend.

Of course I am only kidding about the strings attached as there are none. But please keep that in mind when things settle out. It would be great to talk softball over some good grub and brew with the two of you (again, I am buying!).

Best Bill and safe travels!

S3

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2011
Bill- Hope you can make it over to see your son by this weekend.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802