Hilarious article out of New Jersey

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2012
NC
“Rutgers officials didn’t make Duncan available to be interviewed. Butler called allegations players were intentionally hit with softballs “categorically false” and denied all claims of physical abuse.

Moy, who tore a knee ligament during a game in the spring, said Smith and other coaches demanded she let pitches hit her injured knee during the drill”

I don’t find this funny at all...Or the rest of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana
Saw a thread about this on twitter and laughed that some of the people want the coaches fired.

Really? Those snowflakes would have never made it with any team I was on in high school, let alone being in a college program.

Of course I am referring to the 100 yard sprints as mental abuse.

Oct 19, 2019
One of the players who was "emotionally abused" is now at the University of Tennessee.

If she's playing ball there I'll bet a dollar she's being "emotionally abused" there as well.

Apr 30, 2018
The way I read it. The punishment was 6 x 100 as long as all the requirements were met. I got the impression they ran well beyond the original 6. And I'm sorry but I don't believe that if you lose that many players, you have a team full of "snowflakes" . I had a coach (who we later found out) grouped the kids into those who were going to make the team and those who weren't first day of tryouts. What the "not going to make the team" group went thru for what I can only guess was for the coaches amusement was ridiculous.

Oct 19, 2019
And I'm sorry but I don't believe that if you lose that many players, you have a team full of "snowflakes" .

My kid's freshamn class started with 6 or 7 kids.

They are sophomores now, there are 2 left.

It's rough when your dad doesn't make the line up card or do the book and your mom isn't asked to bring orange slices and carpi suns for everyone anymore...

Oct 5, 2015
I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. For what it's worth, the transferred player is not listed on UT roster and the Volunteer Coach is not shown this year on Rutgers website. Whether it is here or higher profile programs such as Auburn, Missouri, Nebraska, Stanford, etc (the list goes on), the shame of it all is that we entrust these programs with our kids and the cost/pressure of winning makes for some very toxic situations. It is not all puppy dogs and fairy tales but it shouldn't have to be to a point that the love of the game is lost.

Oct 5, 2015
My kid's freshamn class started with 6 or 7 kids.

They are sophomores now, there are 2 left.

It's rough when your dad doesn't make the line up card or do the book and your mom isn't asked to bring orange slices and carpi suns for everyone anymore...

There is always some level of class attrition as they are student-athletes as opposed to athlete-students but 6 down to 2 is very alarming would be indicative of other issues regardless of your 10U comment. I can only assume the team has a very large roster that can sustain such attrition or by the senior year, there is a roster of 10-12 which is crazy

Oct 19, 2019
I can only assume the team has a very large roster that can sustain such attrition or by the senior year, there is a roster of 10-12 which is crazy

Standard D1 roster.

18 or 20 or 22 or whatever year in and year out.

They probably account for someone getting all red and walking when Grandpa isn't asked to run the team Facebook page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802