High School Team Issue Gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2020
Perhaps they were just bought by the players/parents?
"Hey, let's all get matching gloves this year!"
There's a possibility that parents paid for some of the cost on these gloves.

Our TB program has deals with Wilson and it's partners as well as Ringor and a few other companies where they buy the gloves for about 100 dollars below retail, bats and Evo Shields are also discounted as are all of the shoes from Ringor. There's a pretty strong possibility that the Boosters at this High School have sought out similar deals and leveraged the programs success to sweeten it up a bit.

I'm mostly jealous, my kid goes to a league rival of that school, they haven't even practiced yet this year, and while they may not be at that schools level they're still loaded with D1 talent with kids headed to places like Kentucky, Florida, Alabama, Michigan State, Purdue...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2015
Public HS with a very strong softball program, several section, state and national championships, send a handful of girls to D1 programs every year. They also have sponsorship deals with Nike and Gatorade. It's why that school had pushed CIF so much to get some semblance of a season in this spring, so they could get rosters to their sponsors. The girls also have custom Nike shoes in the schools colors. I'm not sure what Gatorade does for them, likely just provides coolers and cups and drinks for their games and the tournaments they host.
My kid doesn't play there, 3 or 4 of her TB teammates do and one handed me this glove last night to break in for them....and probably rub it in a little bit.

Gotta be Norco.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
There's a possibility that parents paid for some of the cost on these gloves.

Our TB program has deals with Wilson and it's partners as well as Ringor and a few other companies where they buy the gloves for about 100 dollars below retail, bats and Evo Shields are also discounted as are all of the shoes from Ringor. There's a pretty strong possibility that the Boosters at this High School have sought out similar deals and leveraged the programs success to sweeten it up a bit.

My DD's TB team has a similar deal with Easton. They get Bats at 30% off and other gear close to 50% off.

Oct 4, 2018
Yep, could be, that actually makes more sense! But never rule out boosters, or that one parent/family with deep pockets that needs a little tax break!

Yeah, wouldn't some parents say "no" or not be able to afford the glove? Or a girl might even prefer to keep her old glove. I would think boosters. Butt who nose?

May 27, 2013
We had one of those very nice parents who paid for Disney fast pass tickets for the whole softball team when our HS team went to Florida for spring training two years ago - each day they were there.

Apr 20, 2015
Our JV team shares 4 helmets and we've won multiple state titles....give back our uniforms buy our own pants and shoes

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28