High School Stats???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
I am a numbers geek. I always have been since a young boy collecting baseball cards and analyzing the stats on the back. There are statistics that I find important regardless of the level of competition. But there are others that are obviously skewed. But the most important factor is how that particular college coach views these things. DD knows where she is going at this point, so that stage of her recruiting life is over. Each coach she spoke with seemed to have different ideas and placed importance on different things. IMO that is one of the most difficult parts of the entire recruiting process. Every coach is different.

That is very true. So what ended up happening with DD is that her videos and achievements were posted on social media. She did not send anything directly to any coach and only talked about it if it was brought up by the coach. Pretty much every coach that she spoke with wanted to talk about it though but not all. One actually requested a text for every home run hit because he wanted to know before it was posted on social media :confused:. I am starting to realize how mysterious coaches actually are.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
That is very true. So what ended up happening with DD is that her videos and achievements were posted on social media. She did not send anything directly to any coach and only talked about it if it was brought up by the coach. Pretty much every coach that she spoke with wanted to talk about it though but not all. One actually requested a text for every home run hit because he wanted to know before it was posted on social media :confused:. I am starting to realize how mysterious coaches actually are.

I'm curious, what type of social media are you referring to? Who do you allow to follow? This might be an option we should look at.

Jul 29, 2012
NC
I'm curious, what type of social media are you referring to? Who do you allow to follow? This might be an option we should look at.

Our team and Organization both have Twitter and Facebook pages that we post player accomplishments on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
Our team and Organization both have Twitter and Facebook pages that we post player accomplishments on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. My DD's HS and club team don't do those, so she might have to start her own recruiting specific Twitter feed...marketing training at an early age.

Apr 28, 2014
Max Preps is a joke.. DD has 6 wins they have her listed at 2.
But our coaches do not update. That's on us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478