High School,Rec or travel ball Remember Friday check in loves you 3/10/17

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 25, 2015
No softball this weekend... DD#2's High School team had the opportunity to play a local tournament but the HC let the girls "vote" on whether to take the off weekend... :confused: Apparently in the discussion, "some of the girls are REALLY tired about 15 games into the season and want a break"... Vote tally came up 7 don't play and 5 play... Anyone care to guess the number of travel ball players on the team? Needless to say, DD#2 is pissed that she cannot play but she gets to go and support her DB at a travel baseball tournament, which is only fair since I think about 70% of his diapers were changed at the ballfield because of DD#1 and DD#2...

Don't tell DS but watching baseball is like watching paint dry to me... I enjoy watching him play but good grief they really know how to drag a game out...

May 4, 2016
DD is catching for a friends pitching lesson tomorrow, and then attending her MS performance of sound of Music for which she was the head of photo and video. Then practice on Sunday in about 40 degree weather.

Jul 14, 2010
Catching a flight tonight to the PFX Spring Games to see DD1's new team (so far D2 experience so much better than the last 2 years of D3).

DD2, HS freshman, started Varsity practices this week - media day today so I'm waiting to see if she gets her sister's #. This morning from somewhere in the south on the team bus far far away DD1 encouraged DD2 to get that #. I got smart, I thought, when I ordered team wear with last name & number, not first.

Looking like more snow next week here so I probably won't miss DD2 first HS scrimmage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 10, 2011
Does DD helping with the high school's softball team count as a "high school" check in? She just got home from FL last night.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
DDs high school has last practice tomorrow before games begin on Monday. Of course Monday's game is away and too far to get there after work, so I will miss it. Cold all week next week. Gotta find the softball lawn chairs and blankets this weekend. Haven't been to a game since August, and I can't wait.

Sep 6, 2015
DD made her HS varsity debut today. Started the teams first game of the year. Pitched 3 innings allowed 3 runs, had some nerves walked 3 and hit 2 batters with no Ks. Even with the free passes kept the other team off balance and didn't let a good hitting team take advantage of the situation. Very proud of her, one of only 4 underclass players on varsity.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
DD has a non-conference HS game tonight. They didn't hit last game and lost 1-0 so hopefully that changes this evening.

Kid's art festival Saturday (DD & DS get to sell their art. it is pretty cool)

Dinner and Movie night for me and DW Saturday evening...Going to go see Logan after visiting our favourite Sushi place

DS has travel ice hockey (yes in Florida) on Sunday morning
DD has hitting in the afternoon and a pitching lesson in the evening.

Assignment One complete... won our game 11-4. Pitchers split the game with DD pitching the back half of the game - came in the middle of the 4th with he score 6-3, 2 outs and a couple on. Got a nice easy come backer to finish the inning and while she didn't have her best stuff she got through the rest of the game without the game really being in question.

Once she came in, DD also got to bat. Went 1-1 with a line drive single and a RBI (1st HS RBI) plus a walk.

Aug 23, 2016
Third rec game tomorrow. DD's team is playing against a favorite former coach's team.

The day after, it's picture day (I'll never have too many photo buttons of DD!) and our last day of selling Girl Scout cookies.

Mar 3, 2017
In Montgomery Alabama for turf wars . Play again at 8 in the morning if weather cooperates

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802