High School Championship Rings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I wonder how long the players will wear them? I know a lot of people who ordered class rings when they graduated from HS and stopped wearing them a week after they started college...

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Ha! Very timely.
DD goes to school Thursday for ring sizing and ordering. I'll let you know who is paying. So far no mention about that.

UPDATE:
Just received a note stating we are required to buy them for $329.99 + tax. They will be presented during the half time of a football game this fall.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Wait...wait....wait.....Some of you have a booster club that supports more than the football program? Weird.

We have a separate softball booster club. Over the years the school system has basically cut all support for athletic programs other than providing the fields, so the players and local businesses have picking up the difference. Back when I was in high school everything was provided...

Jul 24, 2013
We've been lucky enough to win two state titles in the past 4 years. The girls pay for the rings and, if I remeber right, the price tag was $200-$300 (or maybe a little more). Most of the girls bought them but a few just couldn't afford them. The booster club was not involved at all.

C.K

Mar 16, 2012
My kid never did rings after winning state. They hand out metals for first and second place teams and the school gets a trophy. Our booster pays for rooms and $20 a day for meals. Been like that for the last 3 years.
Tell your kid congratulations it's something she'll never forget. It's funny my dd has won state for tb and came close to a national title and representing her HS and winning multiple state titles mean more to her. Now if they won a national title in tb it might be different but I doubt it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802