High School Championship Rings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2010
Do high schoolers and their coaches who win State Championships typically receive rings and if so who typically pays? School, booster club, parents?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My guess would be the booster club through fundraising, corporate sponsors and players dues. I do not think they would make the parents directly responsible in case it would create a hardship on some families.

Mar 22, 2010
Right but if the Booster Club is to support the entire program (including Freshman and JV) is it fair to use such monies (not insignificant dollars) for the benefit of only Varsity?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Right but if the Booster Club is to support the entire program (including Freshman and JV) is it fair to use such monies (not insignificant dollars) for the benefit of only Varsity?

In our situation all monies collected (including JV and feeder ball) goes to the softball booster club, which pays all expenses. Last year our varsity team qualified for the finals of the state playoffs which required a bus trip, hotel rooms, and per diem for the coaching staff. This was paid for by the booster club (the school also chipped in a little money) and only benefited the varsity players. I would assume championship rings would fall into a similar category. The booster club would probably ask the parents for some additional money to help cover the costs, but if a parent could not pay, their DD would still get a ring.

There is a little "pay it forward" by the parents of the JV and feeder ball teams...

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Do high schoolers and their coaches who win State Championships typically receive rings and if so who typically pays? School, booster club, parents?

Ha! Very timely.
DD goes to school Thursday for ring sizing and ordering. I'll let you know who is paying. So far no mention about that.

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida

Yep, absolutely fair. The goal of the softball program is to win Varsity. Celebrating that is beneficial to the whole program for this year and for years to come.

And yes - Booster club is normally the source of funding.

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia

First year we won school and business donors paid for Rings every girl got a ring JV and Varsity. Second Year school give 120$ per girl rest is raised from local business every girl get a ring. This year school gave there 120$ and they asked parents to donate 100$ along with local business sponsors. We do not have a Booster club and we do not pay a team fee to play on the high school team.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802