High school ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
DD just had her first actual JV games the past few days (she's a freshman).
The first game, she hit a nice line drive to center with bases loaded and 2 outs - it scored 2 runs.

Their second game - she hit another nice one with bases loaded which should have scored two but our runner didn't go. (That game hasn't finished yet as it postponed due to lightning) . What's cool about this one is that the pitcher is supposedly really good and throws 55 or more but DD likes faster pitchers.

Third game - we lost badly but DD was 1 of 2 girls who made it on base both times at the plate and got all the way to third but no one could hit her in :/

They play two more this week -hoping DD can continue doing well. Only stats for a few games but DD currently has the best avg, obp, and ops :) Now I just wish the coach would move her up more in the line-up but I'm not the coach so hopefully he knows what he's doing ;)

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Update...
Our JV team has had some tough games lately. When we play against teams that also have a 9th grade team, we struggle because we're more than 1/2 freshmen on our team and competing against juniors.

But we played a team that right now has one of the best Varsity teams in our area (they are 18-1) and their best pitcher is a freshman who is 12-0. They have a freshmen (who has only lost 2 games) and JV team with a jr pitcher. The first time we played them, we lost 16-1. Lots of errors and not great defense and didn't get a ton of hits.

Played them again last night and lost 1-0 - held them to 5 hits (they had 18 the first game). The only run was off an error and we had a few chances to actually score. DD went 2-3 with a FC so she was on base every time she came up. She switches between OF and SS and played SS - made some good plays and almost got a double play too :(

The last few games she's been hitting well and currently leads in pretty much all batting stats (yet she bats 7th...I don't think her coach even looks at the stats)

Aug 2, 2019
Update...
Our JV team has had some tough games lately. When we play against teams that also have a 9th grade team, we struggle because we're more than 1/2 freshmen on our team and competing against juniors.

But we played a team that right now has one of the best Varsity teams in our area (they are 18-1) and their best pitcher is a freshman who is 12-0. They have a freshmen (who has only lost 2 games) and JV team with a jr pitcher. The first time we played them, we lost 16-1. Lots of errors and not great defense and didn't get a ton of hits.

Played them again last night and lost 1-0 - held them to 5 hits (they had 18 the first game). The only run was off an error and we had a few chances to actually score. DD went 2-3 with a FC so she was on base every time she came up. She switches between OF and SS and played SS - made some good plays and almost got a double play too :(

The last few games she's been hitting well and currently leads in pretty much all batting stats (yet she bats 7th...I don't think her coach even looks at the stats)
Glad she's doing well. I can relate to the bottom of the order issue. My DD led her team in OBP, OPS, doubles, HRs, and was second in AVG, and slugging. From the 8 hole. TB, not HS. If she keeps on doing what she's doing, everything will work out great for her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802