Hi everyone!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ambrosia.moore

brosia18
Jul 17, 2019
Hello everyone, from Maine! I play and know a lot about softball! I am about to be a sophomore, and this past year I played varsity as a freshman. I pitch, and play third base and pretty much everywhere else as well. I play for one of the best organizations in Maine! This website seems like a very good spot to ask questions and further my knowledge! Also feel free to ask me questions!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Hey, welcome kid! I am a HS coach in Illinois. Old guy at that. Sounds like you are already off to a great start. If you have questions, there are so many experience and wise people on this site that you will surely benefit. if you ask questions of them.

Apr 28, 2019
Hello everyone, from Maine! I play and know a lot about softball! I am about to be a sophomore, and this past year I played varsity as a freshman. I pitch, and play third base and pretty much everywhere else as well. I play for one of the best organizations in Maine! This website seems like a very good spot to ask questions and further my knowledge! Also feel free to ask me questions!
Hi AM. Thanks for your opinion on 2020 bats. We have 17 LXT and it just keeps going with solid contact.
We’re from NE as well. Currently looking for quality TB club for 14U daughter. Any recommendations on teams you have played on or heard about?

ambrosia.moore

brosia18
Jul 17, 2019
Hi! I have heard of some really good programs! My team once played against a very good NE team called VooDoo, which is Mass based, and is very competitive. Up here in Maine there is River Rats, Thunder, Lady Mavericks, and many more good organizations that have a lot of success. I also know of a team called the Lady Eagles I think that is RI based. Overall there is a ton of TB organizations in NE that have a good amount of success!! I’m just about to finish our playing 14U, and we’ve played some very good teams this year! Good luck to your daughter!

Apr 28, 2019
Hi! I have heard of some really good programs! My team once played against a very good NE team called VooDoo, which is Mass based, and is very competitive. Up here in Maine there is River Rats, Thunder, Lady Mavericks, and many more good organizations that have a lot of success. I also know of a team called the Lady Eagles I think that is RI based. Overall there is a ton of TB organizations in NE that have a good amount of success!! I’m just about to finish our playing 14U, and we’ve played some very good teams this year! Good luck to your daughter!
I know the CM Voodoo. Never heard of Eagles. Phoenix maybe? Thanks

Feb 21, 2017
I know the CM Voodoo. Never heard of Eagles. Phoenix maybe? Thanks

If you are looking for a team in New England I might be able to help but it depends on your daughters age, experience, perspective (what you value) and objective (end game).

Apr 28, 2019
If you are looking for a team in New England I might be able to help but it depends on your daughters age, experience, perspective (what you value) and objective (end game).
Hi- Right now I’m thinking CT Charmers or RI Thunder Gold.
My daughter will be 2nd yr 14U A level player but may play 16 or 18U not sure yet.
Any teams you think are worth a look I’m open to suggestions.

Feb 21, 2017
Hi- Right now I’m thinking CT Charmers or RI Thunder Gold.
My daughter will be 2nd yr 14U A level player but may play 16 or 18U not sure yet.
Any teams you think are worth a look I’m open to suggestions.

Both good options, I would look at them first and go from there. Ideally you want a high level organization (which those are) because in the end if your daughter wants to play in college it is about the programs reputation and contacts. No program is going to mold her into a D1 player. They don't have the time to do that with every girl so she has to want to do that herself, but they can help show the way.

While some of the teams mentioned might be skilled do not associate a team that won a tournament or two with one that can get your daughter recruited. Lots of "programs" are really just collections of teams so thing is to look at the top 18U and see where they play in tournaments. Do they play 9-12 tournaments between fall and summer, do they attend to some of the following; TNT, Pennsbury, PFG, Triple Crown, Firecracker. If not then they really aren't a high level program because you aren't playing against the best.

If you have questions about a specific program we can take that off line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom