Hey PGF Nationals now what?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2014
Another discouraging sign for PGF. Really hoping they somehow manage to pull it off but I am not nearly as confident as I was a couple of weeks ago. 6 weeks ago my biggest concern was tournaments would not want DD's team to come since we are from NY now I am just hoping the tournaments happen

IMG_5440.png

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
FAQ From the California Governor's website. Part of new guidance issued today (07/01/2020):

Q: What businesses are not permitted to re-open open?

A: According to the State website, https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap-counties/, the following sectors, businesses, establishments, or activities are not permitted to operate in the State of California at this time:
  • Indoor playgrounds such as bounce centers, ball pits and laser tag
  • Live theater
  • Saunas and steam rooms
  • Nightclubs
  • Concert venues
  • Festivals
  • Theme parks
  • Higher education (in person), except where supporting essential workforce activities, including but not limited to providing housing solutions, COVID-19 response, and training and instruction for the essential workforce.
  • Recreational team sports

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
Sounds like a few top Cali and AZ teams will be going to USA Preps tourney in St. George. July 15-19. Thinking no PGF..........:unsure:

Aug 29, 2018
Who knows is right! Funny (actually no so funny) when people went to the beach or protested to reopen CA they were portrayed by the media as irresponsible, uncaring spreader of the covid-19 and the protesters today are revered as "braving the pandemic." (msnbc) Very bias.
Seems to me the public has decided (finally) to open up. The stay at home people have had enough. I was at a park in LA county (no permits for fields yet) this weekend. All four fields were in use at 8 am. There was 10u freindlies with an ump. Other teams were practicing on the grass area. Raquet ball courts were all full.
If a barber shop is legally open I think we should be able to play ball.
Where was that? In Nor Cal there seems to be a lot of sour grapes and teams Who aren’t playing are ratting out the teams who are playing. I think they find out on game changer.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hmmm? Will pgf nationals be in another state?

Take a poll on that guess?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
It looks like some teams are moving to ASA Gold to the connect sports event
USA Softball is BACK!!! I was looking at the Teams that are entered, and it looks like many of the teams that normally attend PGF will be playing. Is the JO cup happening?

Mar 26, 2016
It is but looks like teams are going to Gold Nationals instead, maybe because the price to enter the JO cup is much more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28