Heroines

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Social media platforms. I am making it a personal goal to get people to quit calling that junk "media". If we can do that, it might start to make people realize that the things they read there are angry people screaming into the ether, not news/reporting in an informational and professional sense.
Thats a good distinction!

Aug 21, 2008
This was today's version of what the poster had said. And I agree with RAD, I'd have signed my name too. This is today's version.... discuss!!!!!!!!!!!.......

After reading the "This is Us" press release where they state they are abruptly quitting the season due to Covid19 concerns (apparently choosing their health over the members of the opposing team who were tested and not 1 positive covid result-, the fans, the crew, the USSSA Organization, the Sponsors who stepped in and stepped up to support their season) but we now find these same players listed below will be hoping on airplanes to "PLAY SOFTBALL GAMES" in a state where the COVID19 Infection rate per 100,000 residents is higher?

Here is a list of Heartbroken "Covid" Quitters on Team "This is Us" who will now travel to Chicago for "Athletes Unlimited. (Apparently, they mistakenly believe that Covid19 hasn't reached Chicago, their hotels, the airplanes that go there).

Meet the Team (some also play and "represent" USA Softball):

• Haylie McCleney (USA Softball)
  • Aubree Munro (USA Softball)
  • Kelsey Stewart (USA Softball)
  • Cat Osterman (USA Softball
  • Hannah Flippen (USA Softball)
  • Samantha Show
  • Sam Fischer
You can find their names on the roster here: https://auprosports.com/
If your interested in having your children watch what some may consider quitters and apparent liars, play softball, I understand these games will be on ESPN and CBS
https://auprosports.com/
Although this seems a bit odd to me, I imagine there's a "logical" explanation - I just can't think of one (well, other than they are money grubbing, self important, entitled brats who care only about themselves):

FACTS
Covid-19 cases per 100,000 people in Florida vs Illinois (where these quitters are flying to)
Florida - 400-799 Cases per 100,000 residents
Illinois - 800-1199 Cases per 100,000 residents

I'm sure there is at least one honest young lady on this list who will enlighten us all on how this is possible (maybe some of those "Church on the Dirt" members I see on USA Softball Social media, will chime in)

Aug 21, 2008
This was today's version of what the poster had said. And I agree with RAD, I'd have signed my name too. This is today's version.... discuss!!!!!!!!!!!.......

After reading the "This is Us" press release where they state they are abruptly quitting the season due to Covid19 concerns (apparently choosing their health over the members of the opposing team who were tested and not 1 positive covid result-, the fans, the crew, the USSSA Organization, the Sponsors who stepped in and stepped up to support their season) but we now find these same players listed below will be hoping on airplanes to "PLAY SOFTBALL GAMES" in a state where the COVID19 Infection rate per 100,000 residents is higher?

Here is a list of Heartbroken "Covid" Quitters on Team "This is Us" who will now travel to Chicago for "Athletes Unlimited. (Apparently, they mistakenly believe that Covid19 hasn't reached Chicago, their hotels, the airplanes that go there).

Meet the Team (some also play and "represent" USA Softball):

• Haylie McCleney (USA Softball)
  • Aubree Munro (USA Softball)
  • Kelsey Stewart (USA Softball)
  • Cat Osterman (USA Softball
  • Hannah Flippen (USA Softball)
  • Samantha Show
  • Sam Fischer
You can find their names on the roster here: https://auprosports.com/
If your interested in having your children watch what some may consider quitters and apparent liars, play softball, I understand these games will be on ESPN and CBS
https://auprosports.com/
Although this seems a bit odd to me, I imagine there's a "logical" explanation - I just can't think of one (well, other than they are money grubbing, self important, entitled brats who care only about themselves):

FACTS
Covid-19 cases per 100,000 people in Florida vs Illinois (where these quitters are flying to)
Florida - 400-799 Cases per 100,000 residents
Illinois - 800-1199 Cases per 100,000 residents

I'm sure there is at least one honest young lady on this list who will enlighten us all on how this is possible (maybe some of those "Church on the Dirt" members I see on USA Softball Social media, will chime in)

Then amended the last part with this:

So, "This is Us" softball team is fleeing Florida over Covid19 concerns, to go play in Illinois where the Covid19 death rate is MUCH Higher and the infection rate per 100,000 residents is also much higher, when compared to Florida.

Well, this doesn't make sense at all, they are QUITTING" over Covid19 concerns in Florida, yet they are flying to Illinois (where the infection rate is higher) to play softball (the same sport they are QUITTING in Florida). How could this be???

I'm sure one of these honest young lady's will enlighten us....

Oct 4, 2018
Social media platforms. I am making it a personal goal to get people to quit calling that junk "media". If we can do that, it might start to make people realize that the things they read there are angry people screaming into the ether, not news/reporting in an informational and professional sense.

So very true.

Journalism is a fairly noble profession. One that takes talent. Randoms posting on social platforms is not media. I don't care if it's left or right. It's garbage either way.

I imagine Nixon wouldn't have resigned if social platforms existed back then.

Oct 4, 2018
Then amended the last part with this:

So, "This is Us" softball team is fleeing Florida over Covid19 concerns, to go play in Illinois where the Covid19 death rate is MUCH Higher and the infection rate per 100,000 residents is also much higher, when compared to Florida.

Well, this doesn't make sense at all, they are QUITTING" over Covid19 concerns in Florida, yet they are flying to Illinois (where the infection rate is higher) to play softball (the same sport they are QUITTING in Florida). How could this be???

I'm sure one of these honest young lady's will enlighten us....

One of these young lady's whats will enlighten us?

If only this person put in 1/100th of the time on his/her writing skills that these women put into softball. Oh well.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
The fact is that this is not good for a game that is struggling at the professional level. In fact, this could be driving people away from attending that level of play.

Personally speaking, and I only speak for me, I want my sports to be devoid of politics and these other things. I have plenty of places to watch ourselves attack each other.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I imagine Nixon wouldn't have resigned if social platforms existed back then.
If Nixon could have seen our future, he would have known you don't resign after doing something disgraceful, you double down and twist yourself into being the victim. :)

I think what we are seeing is the problems that come with so many people trying to make every aspect of their lives larger than life. Everything must pass 100 different agenda tests before it is acceptable with buzzwords such as free-trade, sustainable, locally sourced, carbon neutral, socially responsible, environmentally friendly, etc., etc., etc. Perhaps the shift needs to go back towards coffee being just coffee, laundry detergent just being laundry detergent, and softball being just softball.

Aug 25, 2019
While I agree that those players can protest and quit and do what they like, they are really blowing this thing way out of proportion to what happened. They should of went to the GM and said "that's not acceptable, don't ever use us as a political tool". But they went off the deep end with their "outrage".....Reading that website, I was annoyed by this part of their statement:

We are here to raise awareness.

We are here to spark a necessary change in the

softball community, gaining and sharing knowledge

about racial injustice in our world.

Now, if I watch a softball game with my DD, I have to sit through a lecture about racial injustice in the world? Like the one I've been getting from every news channel, every day?, So now I can't sit back and relax watching a game, I gotta be lectured. And what is the "necessary change in the softball community?" Are all of us here a bunch of racists because we like softball?.....

This is the problem with the mob mentality, if you have a problem with the GM's tweet, you put her feet to the fire, you don't attack the whole softball community. Like with the police, if a cop makes a bad kill, you hold that officer responsible, you don't bash every police officer in the country, that's the real problem here.

And as what Cannonball said, this is bad for the softball community. All the "social justice warriors" out there will love this statement, but if none of them are watching fastpitch softball, you think this will bring them to the game?....no. Now, the God-fearing, flag waving, softball loving, limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' and dealin' son of a gun, (oh got carried away a bit....WOOOO!) person who doesn't like any of the flag kneeling, that person may be the one who says "F this, I'm not watching fastpitch anymore". There may or may not be alot of people who will do this, but softball needs everyone of them.

Oh, and I also got a kick that there is a donation spot on that page. They have their principles, but could you help pay for their outrage, that would be great.

Oct 4, 2018
This is the problem with the mob mentality, if you have a problem with the GM's tweet, you put her feet to the fire, you don't attack the whole softball community. Like with the police, if a cop makes a bad kill, you hold that officer responsible, you don't bash every police officer in the country, that's the real problem here.

Well... the real problem is actually the cop took a human life.

But there are plenty of things messed up in the world today, that's for sure.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Now, if I watch a softball game with my DD, I have to sit through a lecture about racial injustice in the world? Like the one I've been getting from every news channel, every day?, So now I can't sit back and relax watching a game, I gotta be lectured. And what is the "necessary change in the softball community?" Are all of us here a bunch of racists because we like softball?.....

This! No one has been looking forward to Olympic softball more than me, and I assume Michelle Smith will be calling games? The first time racism and this whole Scrapyard BS is brought up, the TV will be turned off and I’ll go cut grass! I won’t be lectured!

The softball world is small, but it is bigger than most think, there will be lots of people who will remember what this group of self absorbed, look at me, adult brats did and Olympic softball won’t mean quite as much to them either!

They had a chance to help defuse some of the lunacy going on today in front of their younger fan base, guess not! Screw them all!

Great post @flash277

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802