Help with my 14U daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 18, 2021
Quick update:

We've been seeing Wendell Hutchinson in Springboro Ohio for about a month. I've seen a big improvement in her mechanics. Still plenty of issues but I feel like she's in good hands.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I like her swing, she is a little ABAF. The back elbow starts to lower with no movement of the bat. She needs the barrel to go backwards as the lowerbody goes forward, creating a taut connecting between the two. Which will remove the slop and the bat moving instead of slotting and waiting.

Feb 18, 2021
I like her swing, she is a little ABAF. The back elbow starts to lower with no movement of the bat. She needs the barrel to go backwards as the lowerbody goes forward, creating a taut connecting between the two. Which will remove the slop and the bat moving instead of slotting and waiting.

Thanks for the reply! What's ABAF stands for? Yeah so one of main issues she was having is throwing her hands back or down. Coach suggested to keep the back on her shoulder till release for now. Guess he's focusing on her lower half. She's picked up a ton of bad habits as she's started seeing faster pitching in HS. She does do a replace the elbow type drill that should have the barrel moving back, but I'm not pushing too much as her casting issue is pretty bad. I'm letting him take the reins lol. She's never seen a hitting coach, so hopefully he can iron stuff out and has a great track record in Ohio.

Feb 18, 2021
looks aesthetically pleasing. But she’s still dragging it.

the bat is swung w the hands not the body.

If you're referring to the bat drag, oh for sure she is. I'm hoping he'll address it. When I tried, she'd do better on the tee, but once she got up to bat she'd wrap that bat around her bat and drag it through the zone.

Oct 16, 2014
Thanks for the reply! What's ABAF stands for? Yeah so one of main issues she was having is throwing her hands back or down. Coach suggested to keep the back on her shoulder till release for now. Guess he's focusing on her lower half. She's picked up a ton of bad habits as she's started seeing faster pitching in HS. She does do a replace the elbow type drill that should have the barrel moving back, but I'm not pushing too much as her casting issue is pretty bad. I'm letting him take the reins lol. She's never seen a hitting coach, so hopefully he can iron stuff out and has a great track record in Ohio.
ABAF=All Back All Forward

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Words to swing by

If I remember correctly TM wanted the leg to burst to launch the swing? correct me if I’m wrong. this vid is much better.. the sequence I agree with. but the hands are active to me at the start. they aren’t pinned to shoulder tilt. i think it’s the exact opposite.

Thoughts on Jr. and Bustos? hands are probing their position before shoulder tilt and actually opens/tilts the shoulders with their intended path. These clips were posted on purpose for pitch location.

1623603064371.gif

1623603888892.gif

I do think TM has gotten better. But he’s gotta get rid of the cast at ‘go’ and create an adjustable Hpp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802