Help with A2000

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 10, 2016
I need some help from the experts here. I bought my daughter the MA14-GM 12.25 over the summer. We have worked the glove during lessons and throwing in the yard. I wasn’t gaining any ground and a parent on the team said he could break it in. He took it for a few days and when he gave it back it was WAY better. He had used the Nokona conditioner (I had used Lexol previously). Now the the season is around the corner and she is starting to work infield, I noticed a lot of bobbles or ball slipping out on a backhand. Before you mention mechanics, I am usually the first to agree but this was too obvious. I took the glove this past weekend and tried to use it. The ball was literally slipping out of the glove.

I have taught her to use the finger shift method for now but I really need to try and fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions? The glove is broke in enough and she doesn’t have any problems closing it just feels like it is slick compared to other gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 6, 2017
Sounds like it still needs a little work. A little water or spit helps
from time to time. I used to rub some conditioner in the pocket of
my girls all star on game days. I stopped the conditioner when the
pocket started getting darker than the rest of the glove.

Jul 3, 2013
Had this shipped to my DD. She's going to try it out this week. I'll update this with results/thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
This is why I believe in breaking in today’s modern gloves dry, completely dry! These gloves are not code C55 dry Horween leather of the old days, today’s new gloves have enough oil already infused in the leather, they don’t need anything else applied!

Sounds to me you need a good mixture of spit and dirt rubbed in!

Nov 10, 2016
Thanks for the ideas everyone. Looks like I’m going back to work on this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Had this shipped to my DD. She's going to try it out this week. I'll update this with results/thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Looks like I'm going to have to try some, I hear nothing but high praise from everyone who uses it! And that includes some big boys in the glove restoration business!

May 21, 2014
buy the cleaner and the conditioner. Clean it really well and then condition it.

Anything vaseline-based seems to have this effect if you aren't careful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802