Help We are new

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2009
Hello, my daughter has inly been playing for one season,she plays first base and is very good at it and i am not saying that just bcause she is my kid. She has made the all star team,My question is how long dose it take a coach to usally see her talent at first base...i'm worried she will get bored in the out field and not want to play? any advice i would love!

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
You don't say how old she is. That has some bearing on the answer. At 10U and below she should try a variety of positions. After that, she should be able to play the outfield as well as an infield position.

As for the coach recognizing her ability, again it depends on what you're working with on the team. If the other girls don't throw very well, or very hard, she's not going to have as much opportunity to look good at first.

Be patient. Your daughter needs to learn to play in the outfield anyway. As SBFamily said, there may be others who can play her favorite position and play it better, if not now then sometime in the future. The more versatile she is the more chances she has of getting into the lineup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101