Help please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
I could sure use some advise on helping my DD-14u pitcher. I tried to help her change her release to more of an internal rotation release & only seem to have got her to go the opposite way. What I mean is she now seems to be throwing the ball with more of an external rotation if you will.....my thoughts are its more of a screwball release. Simply telling her to change the release isnt working- she just cant seem to change. Any ideas how I can help her?? Thanks

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
I could sure use some advise on helping my DD-14u pitcher. I tried to help her change her release to more of an internal rotation release & only seem to have got her to go the opposite way. What I mean is she now seems to be throwing the ball with more of an external rotation if you will.....my thoughts are its more of a screwball release. Simply telling her to change the release isnt working- she just cant seem to change. Any ideas how I can help her?? Thanks

If I understand you correctly; you want her to bring her fingers to the 'inside' of the ball and not in the 'handshake position' with the fingers on the outside of the ball.

Get a half sized football, not a nerf football a real feeling one with some weight to it. Have her practice pitching with that and throwing perfect spirals.

A perfect pitched football will come in pointed slightly up, but will be a fast spinning spiral.

Then, give her back the softball and tell her to pitch you a spiral just like she did with the football because it's the exact same motions.

That is exactly how I started all my students on the bent fingered riseball.

WINNING FAST PITCH SOFTBALL

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
No Hal when she brings her fingers to the inside of the ball, she is throwing a screwball. I wold like her rotating her hand over from the outside like the Japanese pitcher is on the internal rotation thread.

Nov 6, 2008
JC

Re-read the internal rotation thread and let your DD see the video posted by boardmember. Emphasize the proper ball position at the start of the “show it throw it” drill. Stress proper “starting” position of the hand and a relaxed arm – the forearm will begin a natural rotation and the finish (release) will take care of itself.

Jul 14, 2008
No Hal when she brings her fingers to the inside of the ball, she is throwing a screwball. I wold like her rotating her hand over from the outside like the Japanese pitcher is on the internal rotation thread.

Hal, I got the same thing from this post that you did......And by the way people......Using a little football is a great riseball training aid......

So JC......From the catchers view......Is this the spin you see?.......

wlu6i8.gif

This isn't screwball spin......

May 25, 2008
Pickerington Ohio
Hal, I got the same thing from this post that you did......And by the way people......Using a little football is a great riseball training aid......

So JC......From the catchers view......Is this the spin you see?.......

wlu6i8.gif

This isn't screwball spin......

Boardmember, I would describe this as 1/7 rotation from the catchers perspective. I take from your other posts and this one you consider this the"normal" rotation with the Internal Rotation mechanics. True? Can a pitcher achieve 6/12 or even 5/11 rotation with IT? If so what changes in the motion or release to get a different rotation? Thanks for any info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802