HELP! North Dakota travel softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2018
We got orders to probably the worst isolated place for softball after being here in Cali for 3 Years. Minot, ND. DD is 14u pitcher (top starter, still don't like calling her ace) and I am trying to wrap my head around options for her. I looked at the midstate/north page and nothing much updated for a while. Can anyone tell me anything about travel ball in ND such as teams/orgs, seasons timeframe, indoor training, commuting. She will be starting her freshman year when we move and she can graduate where we go. This will be my final move. Was NOT where I expected to be. We still have option for them to go to Oklahoma with family/wife and I do ND gig until I retire and commute back and forth. Any and all advice given. please keep "get out of military" and political thoughts low to none. Thanks.

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA
We got orders to probably the worst isolated place for softball after being here in Cali for 3 Years. Minot, ND. DD is 14u pitcher (top starter, still don't like calling her ace) and I am trying to wrap my head around options for her. I looked at the midstate/north page and nothing much updated for a while. Can anyone tell me anything about travel ball in ND such as teams/orgs, seasons timeframe, indoor training, commuting. She will be starting her freshman year when we move and she can graduate where we go. This will be my final move. Was NOT where I expected to be. We still have option for them to go to Oklahoma with family/wife and I do ND gig until I retire and commute back and forth. Any and all advice given. please keep "get out of military" and political thoughts low to none. Thanks.

This is probably the place to start. https://www.usasoftballnd.com/jo-leagues

Nov 18, 2013
Playing for a regional or national organization where you train at home and travel to tournaments will be the best option for competitive ball. Sioux Falls or Mpls St Paul might be your closest options. If you’re just flying to tourneys you could play for any team. DD did t the summer before college and still had plenty of time to bond with the girls and make friends.

Last edited:
May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Up here most of the girls are prepping for school ball. In ND you can play high school sports as soon as 7th grade. Minot does have turf fields so thats a bonus in spring. Very good high school program and from there you bounce into travel around the first week in June. Travel all depends on how much you want to play and travel

Sep 29, 2014
Why not Minot....we might have talked before. I retired from Air Force...on a personal note don't do the separated from family thing in my opinion it's just not worth it, we were assigned all over the country and I always took my family...it's an adventure and we are all in it together (if it was a one year remote or something not a big deal big not a full tour during my DD high school years). You will be closer to Canada than a "big" town but I think you can make it work. You moving in the summer window? Hopefully she can finish this season with her current team. When you get there just plug in the best you can hopefully there are a few local travel teams with access to an indoor facility you will need it. I would not be too stressed about the first year you can use it to get acclimated and get the lay of the land for that area.....Good Luck

May 31, 2018
Thanks guys, we are still dealing with the initial shock at this point. If we do not get a change in orders, we will be there for August/fall. She is finishing out her summer with her team here in California. Trying to take it all in and will no more if they don't accept my denial to reserves. I will reach out by test to you @Golfclubgreg

May 31, 2018
Appreciate all the emails and information over past few weeks. Been crazy and we found out a few days ago we are redirected to Texas. Better for family, it’s where I am from and can retire. Don’t mind looking at snow, just not living in it that long. Lol. You guys were great, best of luck on the fields

Jan 8, 2019
Appreciate all the emails and information over past few weeks. Been crazy and we found out a few days ago we are redirected to Texas. Better for family, it’s where I am from and can retire. Don’t mind looking at snow, just not living in it that long. Lol. You guys were great, best of luck on the fields
Best of luck andthanks for your continued service!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee