Help me help her

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 4, 2019
Florida
Looks like I won't be posting any hitting videos this week kylie smooth worked her way right out of batting order already. Maybe next week

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Looks like I won't be posting any hitting videos this week kylie smooth worked her way right out of batting order already. Maybe next week

I hope she gets back to action soon!

Also check out Cannonball's posts on the previous page. This is a good suggestion for a hand-dropper. Start the barrel on the shoulder and launch it from there.
(Note - CB's DD hit a truck-load of dingers in college. All time school record, if I recall.)

Apr 4, 2019
Florida
I hope she gets back to action soon!

Also check out Cannonball's posts on the previous page. This is a good suggestion for a hand-dropper. Start the barrel on the shoulder and launch it from there.
(Note - CB's DD hit a truck-load of dingers in college. All time school record, if I recall.)
I've read through all these numerous times and appreciate all advice for sure from everyone shell always be playing defense in left field with my oldest catching so hopefully setting her down will light a fire if she gets another opportunity. Her defense has always been on point but without hitting takes away half the fun

May 12, 2016
I recommend Antonella softball on YouTube as a good place to review swing info.

Also, grab her bat and learn with her. Find out what works and what doesn’t.
Appreciate the video, showing this one to my DD tonight prior to batting practice. She's really resisting turning the hips fully... loosing power and getting the inside pitch off the hands. This video really does a good job of explaining the importance of fully rotating the hips, making way for the hands. Also, I love the video because it highlights how COM stops moving forward at heel plant, and rotation takes over.

Apr 4, 2019
Florida
Could be she is just seeing much better pitching. Florida gets to play year round...just sayin.
Beginning to think you guys are right about this. Speed isn't any different but my daughters are saying ball spins and moves on way to plate they've never seen before. Very easy for me to think otherwise I'm not one in the box

May 12, 2016
Beginning to think you guys are right about this. Speed isn't any different but my daughters are saying ball spins and moves on way to plate they've never seen before. Very easy for me to think otherwise I'm not one in the box
It's all that humid heavy air in Florida causing the ball to jump all over the place, :)

Apr 4, 2019
Florida
Kylie ended up getting 1 ab last night but my video looks like I was at local watering hole before game so I'll wait til next game to post. Tgere next game isn't till Monday so hoping to get some work in with her.