Help me decide!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 9, 2014
Long story short DD 15yrs old play for a local team that is not doing very good do to the lack of coaching. The team have only one good coach the others are parents that volunteer to help because one coach quit (reason unknown). Should I find her a new team or wait until our season is over (December)? Very good teams in this area already started having tryouts and I'm not sure if we should tryout?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
16U is prime time for recruiting, so if your DD has aspirations of playing college softball, now is the time to get her on a time that will get her seen by college coaches. And for the record, college coaches do not really care about the won/lose record of the team, they are looking for skills, athletic ability, sportsmanship, character, ect.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Long story short DD 15yrs old play for a local team that is not doing very good do to the lack of coaching. The team have only one good coach the others are parents that volunteer to help because one coach quit (reason unknown). Should I find her a new team or wait until our season is over (December)? Very good teams in this area already started having tryouts and I'm not sure if we should tryout?

Season is over for almost everyone either this weekend or one of the past three weekends. Even as a coach I take it season by season....

Move on.

Jul 24, 2013
What does you 15 year-old want to do? Seems to me like it should be a joint decision...not a unilateral decision made by you. Good luck. Hopefully next year will be a lot better than this season.

Sep 9, 2014
What does you 15 year-old want to do? Seems to me like it should be a joint decision...not a unilateral decision made by you. Good luck. Hopefully next year will be a lot better than this season.

Well she like her actual coach but she knows their is better teams out there that can help her more... I do feel the same way, however leaving the team now with a few tournaments left don't feel right.

S

SchnellSolutions

I am new here let me know how can I help you...!!!

Jul 14, 2010
It is important to teach our kids to stick with something even when it gets hard (I had to relearn that myself this year). There are other ways to develop her skills - college camps, clinics, etc and we found they gave our DD a chance to see what different colleges were like.

However, you never know if you don't try out. And it's a lot easier to decide to say no after you receive an offer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2