Help a player who rushes.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I had a very young and inexperienced HS team this year. In order to get them up to speed and slow the game down for them. I put throwdown bases 35 feet apart, split the team in two, put half in the field and the other half baserunning while I bunted and hit balls. Then they would switch after 3 outs and we'd do it again. In other words, they scrimmaged each other while I was the DH for both teams. I'm a big fan of drills/things that work on multiple fundamentals simultaneously. A nice byproduct of this is teaching the girls aggressive baserunning and working on game situations in a very fast paced environment. The girls had so much fun with this one that they asked to do it at least twice a week.

BLB

May 19, 2008
Some players have a tendency to focus on possible outcomes (focusing on the runner) instead of focusing on the process (task at hand). Using a stopwatch in practice can be effective. During practice, players have to develop the ability to improve their inner clocks & at the same time, get to a point where they can focus on the process rather than the stopwatch (possible outcome).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23