Hello

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 7, 2019
Hello from sw virginia.
Came across this site doing a google search on how to avoid the drama within your daughters travel softball team 😟
Hoping to also find some useful tools to relay back to my head coach of a husband!
Thanks for allowing me to join.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
...how to avoid the drama within your daughters travel softball team 😟

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!...Oh, wait. You're serious??? :oops: If you find that answer, please share it with the rest of us. 😜

Welcome to DFP. Enjoy the ride! :) There's a ton of info here from people who have seen every part of the game, at every level of play.

Unfortunately, drama - in one form or another - comes with the landscape of youth sports. One of the most important things to do as a coach is to be very upfront with the expectations of both players and parents, and stick to your own rules and guidelines. This may include written contracts - for both players and parents - indicating not only expectations, but also causes for removal from the team.

Oct 7, 2019
That sounds like awesome advice! We had thought about a parental and player contract in the beginning as we have seen other organizations do it, but didn’t want to give the perception of being overbearing ( I guess that’s what I mean lol).
But, I never realized how bad it truly is. It’s like dealing with adult in thing school who sat at the popular table that you are totally not allowed to set at.
Might I add we are a 10u team! My husband was also told that some of the players talents were not being played to the parents expectations. Blows my mind these are 9-10 year olds not college superstars.

Jun 12, 2015
The contracts are a formality. The jerks will still be jerks, but at least you'll have something in writing if you want to get rid of one of them. I think for every travel team but 8U, we've signed one and starting in 12U, DD had to sign too. That's pretty normal and I don't think it's overbearing to anyone who has TB experience. I realize they don't, though. But they can ask around to their TB buddies and hear it from them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802