Hello from RGV Texas !

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2019
Hello from the rgv Texas, I have a daughter 8 years old that’s playing on 8u right now started since tball but with a rec team so she only got 3 months of play time a year now this is the first year she join a select travel team, team is barely starting out from rec players. She currently plays 3rd base and SS and going to trainers for pitching. Looking into this forum has a lot of cool stuff as far as drills and practices, right now having issues with dropping elbow and straight left arm during contact. Working on it but still keeps on going back to same old habits, trainer is teaching them How to hit line drives... she’s got not problem finding the ball and hitting just not making contact how is suppose to be ..

Hope to learn a lot of softball since my main sport was baseball I know is pretty similar but advices won’t hurt

Thanks
STXDad

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Welcome to DFP. Enjoy the ride! :)

I started here when my DD was about the same age. The information and guidance I've gotten from this site has been invaluable for our journey, and has a lot to do with her development in the game. The best advice I can give you is to educate yourself in order to be a good guide for your DD. For the best hitting advice, be prepared to share video of your DD's swings. There are lots of knowledgeable people to help get you pointed in the right direction.

Cheers!

Jun 24, 2019
Thank you I have a couple of videos of her batting, I will try uploading then to YouTube,

Here is a link to a video I have if I need to make a new post I will thanks

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thank you I have a couple of videos of her batting, I will try uploading then to YouTube,

Here is a link to a video I have if I need to make a new post I will thanks

I would suggest starting a new post in the "Hitting Practical" section.

Jun 22, 2019
Welcome. I’ve been looking on this site for quite a while, but just joined.

My oldest daughter had the same swing when she was young, because it works while they are young. The bat is flat and level through the full swing.

She’s 17 now and had the most HRs and highest batting average on her HS team last year. What we worked on was getting the hips around before releasing the hands. We always said hips before hands. We put her arms length away from the net (facing the net) and made her take a full swing without hitting the net. This way she would have to get her hips around first and you can’t lay the bat down horizontally before you start your hip rotation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22