Hello from Northern California

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 14, 2019
No. Cal
Hello all,

I stumbled across this site earlier today as I was researching softball gloves for my daughter. We are fairly new to softball but not ball in general. My DD played 7 years in PONY Baseball but started making the move over to softball after her 10U baseball season. She played every position on the baseball field for me but is currently playing second base and outfield. She has one rec season and a middle school season under her belt and is currently playing on a local travel team. I'm looking forward to this next chapter in her playing journey. Now it's back to researching gloves for her!!

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Hello all,

I stumbled across this site earlier today as I was researching softball gloves for my daughter. We are fairly new to softball but not ball in general. My DD played 7 years in PONY Baseball but started making the move over to softball in after her 10U baseball season. She played every position on the baseball field for me but is currently playing second base and outfield. She has one rec season and a middle school season under her belt and is currently playing on a local travel team. I'm looking forward to this next chapter in her playing journey. Now it's back to researching gloves for her!!

Welcome. My daughter (just finished her age 7 season of 8U) made the transition this year to softball from baseball. There's an equipment sub forum with some great knowledge of gloves if you're still looking.

May 14, 2019
No. Cal
She started playing at 3?? :oops:

Welcome to DFP. Enjoy the ride! :)
LOL.. She started when she was 4. 3 years of Shetland, 2 years of Pinto and 2 years of Mustang ball. She pitched us to the city championship her last year. So far the biggest adjustment for me is the abundance of singing and chanting vs the baseball world.

May 14, 2019
No. Cal
Welcome. My daughter (just finished her age 7 season of 8U) made the transition this year to softball from baseball. There's an equipment sub forum with some great knowledge of gloves if you're still looking.
Thanks. I plan to head over there. Does your daughter like softball better?

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Thanks. I plan to head over there. Does your daughter like softball better?

She totally does. She loves all the dugout antics. She played three years of t-ball and one year of machine pitch, so this is her first experience with kid pitch and games that "matter." The competition in our local softball league is very strong, whereas there are three Little Leagues and a Pony league in the same town, so in baseball the she was playing with watered-down competition. So I think that helps boost her experience, too.

She typically plays soccer in the fall, but chose softball this year. So yes - she's liking it : )

May 24, 2013
So Cal
LOL.. She started when she was 4. 3 years of Shetland, 2 years of Pinto and 2 years of Mustang ball. She pitched us to the city championship her last year. So far the biggest adjustment for me is the abundance of singing and chanting vs the baseball world.

I'm not familiar with the different animals. I'm guessing 6U, 8U, 10U would be the softball comparisons. My DD started paying WAY late - 8yo. She's caught up pretty well, though.

May 14, 2019
No. Cal
I'm not familiar with the different animals. I'm guessing 6U, 8U, 10U would be the softball comparisons. My DD started paying WAY late - 8yo. She's caught up pretty well, though.

The larger the horse the older the kids I guess but you are right except Shetland is 4-6 years and everything else is the same as softball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802