Hello from Michigan!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2019
Hello all,
I am the aunt (former softball player) of a 10U player. Her team lacks the basic knowledge, position responsibilities, situational play, etc. Their coach doesn't get enough practice time in due to weather and he's getting frustrated. We've offered to help & thought it'd be great to just host a sit down/discussion with the team to go over these things, maybe watch some video, pausing it and explaining. I understand it's easier to be on the field demonstrating & going thru drills but the weather has been cold and rainy and when on the field they're just not able to hear us or concentrate.

I am wondering if anyone has done this and was it helpful?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice!!!!!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Welcome to DFP! Enjoy the ride :)

I wouldn't bet on being able to keep the attention of that age group with a video, or getting them to effectively translate it out to the field.

Here's a rainy-day idea...Find an open indoor space (basketball court - could even be smaller than that), throw down some bases, and walk through positioning basics in a smaller scale and at a slower pace. Roll a foam/tennis ball on the floor to simulate hits to different locations. Whether you actually have them throw the ball to each other will be dependent on what the space will tolerate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood