Hello from Central Wisconsin

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 25, 2019
Hello everyone, Just recently found this group and am excited to find a place to help me learn more as not only a mom of a player but also as an assistant coach of her team. My DD is 10, almost 11) playing in her 6th season this summer. She is mainly a catcher but plays 3rd as well. There are not a lot of options in our area for her to progress and learn as a player but I am trying my best to get her what she needs. Our season up here is limited due to weather which makes it difficult as well. As a former player in Southern Indiana I remember what it is like to play in a community that promotes the teams and is dedicated to the girls. I am looking for ways to get our area to grow into something more. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to reading through the threads and seeing what I can do to help our system grow.
Thanks!!!
Kelly

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
Hello everyone, Just recently found this group and am excited to find a place to help me learn more as not only a mom of a player but also as an assistant coach of her team. My DD is 10, almost 11) playing in her 6th season this summer. She is mainly a catcher but plays 3rd as well. There are not a lot of options in our area for her to progress and learn as a player but I am trying my best to get her what she needs. Our season up here is limited due to weather which makes it difficult as well. As a former player in Southern Indiana I remember what it is like to play in a community that promotes the teams and is dedicated to the girls. I am looking for ways to get our area to grow into something more. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to reading through the threads and seeing what I can do to help our system grow.
Thanks!!!
Kelly

Welcome Kelly, Start by talking to coaches of the various TB teams about your daughter. One way to get better is to play with better teams against tougher competition. You may need to travel out of town to find a team that fits what you want, and that usually means higher fees and out of state tournaments.

Regarding growing softball in the area, there needs to be
Thanks!!!
Kelly
Hello and welcome. Need answers to questions before actions can be suggested.

Do the HS's have softball programs? How good is the coaching? Do they run clinics for young/new players over the summer/winter? How many TB teams are there in your area?

Jun 25, 2019
The HS's do have have programs but from what I have seen they are not involved with helping grow them from a younger age, I have never seen a clinic or anything for the younger players. If there are other clinics out there they are not doing a good job of advertising because those from our rec team are not hearing about them. There are a couple of tournament teams in the area, one she used to play for and I will not allow her to play for again due to the coaching staff the other one we didn't know even existed until we had her signed up for rec ball in that area but by then it was well past tryouts. I am willing to travel with her if that is the only option because she really loves playing, she is even asking for birthday money to attend a clinic next month 4 hours from here. I am also willing to put the time and effort into helping get a travel team together and help organize fundraising but that is such a large undertaking, especially trying to find quality pitchers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802