Heel Click

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Some call it heel plant. Platter you probably understand a foot plant in a certain area better than most. Smiley face thing.

Jun 8, 2016
Some call it heel plant. Platter you probably understand a foot plant in a certain area better than most. Smiley face thing.
If you've seen my picture, you would know I am no dish..

Seems like I am making a lot of friends on here lately..good for me.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Don’t forget the past, the last time you had a critic and I was praised, we ended up as a school project. lol 😂
I've made about 4 new "friends" since then...my charm is obviously showing through.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Some call it heel plant. Platter you probably understand a foot plant in a certain area better than most.

So, are you saying that when toe touch to heel plant is being used as a trigger it looks mechanical? I would agree with that.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Can’t say I have seen anybody teach that as conscious part of the general swing mechanics.That to me would qualify as over-coaching. There are some drills which do use the heel drop as a trigger (Tewksbary’s halfway home drill for example).

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
I don't think I've ever seen someone teach heel-plant as a trigger mechanism. That said, my daughter will sometimes go to a stride and hold move when she's not feeling comfortable with her timing, and heel-plant is her trigger.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I've never heel clicked when I was hitting. Well...not on purpose anyway. :LOL: I like to stride with my lead foot, load on my back hip, and use my core strength to hit with power.

Jan 28, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen someone teach heel-plant as a trigger mechanism. That said, my daughter will sometimes go to a stride and hold move when she's not feeling comfortable with her timing, and heel-plant is her trigger.
Look at heel plant on youtube. I follow Josh Cathcart (Baseball Doctor) a lot and he teaches heel plant/click. Not sure I like it. I see what he is talking about but to much thinking IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23