*HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT~TCS International Challenge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
Oh I don’t blame the players. They’re just following the rules.

but it doesn’t improve the host countriestalent level. How are the players meant to get better if they can’t make the team and get an opportunity to play better competition?

New Zealand actually got worse when they started using imports. Australia did the same. They had imports in their local comps for years and our pitching suffered.

you get better by raising your own players up.

Jun 8, 2016
but it doesn’t improve the host countriestalent level. How are the players meant to get better if they can’t make the team and get an opportunity to play better competition?
A country getting better at a sport takes time and requires an investment, with both time and money. All I am saying is that
success (which as you state is not a given) via imported players could increase interest in the sport which in turn could drive
increased investment.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Nice conversation there Lozza/Pattar!

2 U.S.A. teams
Plus 15 other teams

* How many know/knew about the opportunity TO tryout?

Seems if softball is going to grow this event could/would generate more fan base or atleast show national/wordly interest?!
If discussing the importance of softball being in the olympics,
Seems travel ball international games can be a goal for young athletes!!!!
This venue represents a stepping stone!

Where is the marketing!!!!!
AKA EXPOSURE

Thank you to ALL OUR MILITARY
and nationalities who wear the uniform!!!!!

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I do think it could be a fun event to attend. Getting to play with girls other than your travel teammates was always fun for DD when she was able to pick up with other teams.

It sounds like their target audience is players that will be in Colorado the following week. I’m sure there has been a mass email to players and coaches who have been to Colorado the past few years.

Between the limited recruiting times and cross country travel by all the national orgs that are hitting California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, etc. It almost isn’t feasible to add another stand alone national event, unless it’s attracting a whole lot of college coaches.

I’m not a fan of showcase only ball, but that’s what travel ball has become outside of PGF nationals. USA nationals do not attract the best of the best anymore. We have discussed whether it’s their fault or not, but the truth is there is not enough days in the year for true elite teams to do anything outside of showcase and PGF.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Mass email? Perhaps....
Thought to inquire here on dfp

The international games are scheduled in such a way to not interfere with other venue's taking place in Colorado.

Agree with that perspective on showcasing being priority.

This can add a nice *_________!
to a softball player bio!

Jan 28, 2020
Just an FYI TCS did send out a mass email on this event on Sat, Dec 7, 2019, 11:53 AM

You are receiving this email because you showed interest in participating in the 2020 TCS International Challenge and play for your country at the prestigious TCS Sparkler in Colorado.

The head coaches have been selected, please follow this link and contact them for more information including tryouts.

https://www.triplecrownfastpitch.com/international-challenge.html

If you do not see your country represented, please email me at mannyusateam@gmail.com.
MANNY TRAVIESO
TCS-International Challenge
mannyusateam@gmail.com
https://www.triplecrownfastpitch.com/international-challenge.html

SECOND side note ---- Team Mexico did some tryouts in the southwest states I know they were in CA, AZ & TX.

My daughter put a profile together which was really easy almost the same one she sends out to college coaches. Letters from Club Coach & High School Coach, Club Ball & High School Accomplishments, Academic Accomplishments, Extra-Curricular Activites, Lots of game softball game video along with game video of another sports varsity sport she plays. Bottom line my daughter made the USA Team.

We do not know anything other then she on the team.

I just hope this is not a money grab like the USSSA select thing we also did in FL. once, some all-star games we've done in events seem like money grabs. The best all-star game we have ever played in was the All-American Game at the Sparkler. We are looking forward to the All-Academic Showcase games this year its the first year she can play and I hear this is really good.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Just an FYI TCS did send out a mass email on this event on Sat, Dec 7, 2019, 11:53 AM

SECOND side note ---- Team Mexico did some tryouts in the southwest states I know they were in CA, AZ & TX.

My daughter put a profile together which was really easy almost the same one she sends out to college coaches. Letters from Club Coach & High School Coach, Club Ball & High School Accomplishments, Academic Accomplishments, Extra-Curricular Activites, Lots of game softball game video along with game video of another sports varsity sport she plays. Bottom line my daughter made the USA Team.

We do not know anything other then she on the team.

I just hope this is not a money grab like the USSSA select thing we also did in FL. once, some all-star games we've done in events seem like money grabs. The best all-star game we have ever played in was the All-American Game at the Sparkler. We are looking forward to the All-Academic Showcase games this year its the first year she can play and I hear this is really good.
Congrats !!
Did you go to a tryout or by video and bio profile?

Understand the other Mexico team looking at player bio's and video. To open up opportunity to those that couldnt attend tryout. So they could have more selection not limited by logistics.

Jan 28, 2020
Just an FYI, Triple Crown Sports sent another email out yesterday, 2/10/2020

Roster spots nearly full for Triple Crown Softball International Challenge! Response to the inaugural TC Softball International Challenge has led to the creation of 17 teams that will compete June 27-28 in Colorado, just before the start of the Colorado 4th of July (Sparkler/Fireworks) tournament. Selected players will get to compete in the USA vs. World All-Star game, set for July 1 during Sparkler Festival Night in Westminster, CO. Click the button to see the countries and associated teams; you can contact the coach for each team directly. Other concerns? Reach out to Manny Travieso (mannyusateam@gmail.com or 323-793-0442).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478