Hate 3rd base

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I probably posted this before but playing 3rd IMO takes a special person. I hated when DD was there. Lot of hate here.

BB LL we got to regionals our 3rd baseman might have been our best SS, he was the only one with enough balls to play 3rd. He played 3rd and was unhappy about it and we discussed it multiple times.

What prompted the post is it seems like C takes a break playing 3rd.

IMO they are better off not paying attention C then 3rd.

I hate 3rd.

Jul 19, 2020
DD played CF/LF in her first summer on a legit 14U A class travel team. We had our 3B quit about half way through the summer. The coach moved my girl to 3rd and I was a nervous wreck the first several games. However she settled in nicely. She would take ground balls a couple of nights a week with me and throw into a hitting net at 1st and then eventually 2nd.

She did take a rocket off the collarbone at 3rd once. Maybe one of the hardest hit line drives at that age level you’ll see. She never cried a tear and finished the game. Tough as nails. I would probably still be laying there still to this day.

The experiment really helped her softball IQ moving into HS. She’s about 5’10 and her natural college position is probably 1st. It was definitely beneficial

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Mine plays 3rd in college and admittedly she says it come hard...very hard. It's not for everyone. For her, it truly is a craft. Backhand mechanics, range, and angles to the 5/6 hole. Reading the hands of lefties and playing in as much as possible. She doesn't think about the fear because she is really focused on all of the possibilities and fielding shots is just another part of the position.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
My brother in law needed a player for the church league, sure I will help you out. What are the odds, I am playing 3rd base.

They are no fools, let's kill the new guy.

Mar 3, 2017
My daughter plays 3rd and loves it. 16 u. I have to admit there have been a lot of high pucker moments for dad

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I loved playing 3rd. It was my primary position through Little League, Teener, Legion, High School, and later in Modified FP. It was really the only position I wanted to play. As DD was growing up I worked with her often at that position but she decided she wanted to pitch. She did play quite a bit at 3rd during travel ball when she wasnt pitching but still prefers pitching.

Dec 18, 2016
My oldest DD has started playing 3B this year in her first year of 16U. She didn't like it at first, but I think as she's gained experience she's starting to enjoy it more. It's super quick over there when you first start but like everything it slows down a bit and it just becomes instinct. The bonus is you don't have time to think at the hot corner, so it's all reflexes and muscle memory!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802