Has the return of softball resulted in more Covid cases?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The tournament we were scheduled for last weekend ended up getting canceled when someone affiliated with the host team tested positive. Tried to jump into a different tournament at the last minute, but the head coach didn't feel comfortable with the rules in place. It was at a private sports complex and they had strict rules on not bringing in outside food or coolers so you have to buy from their concession stand. That was going to make social distancing much harder if everyone had to go get in line for drinks during a Texas summer. At least at local city/county fields they closed the concession stand to limit contact and encourage everyone to bring their own food and water to minimize contact.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Geez...well....a lot has changed...
appantly not everything.
Food water....come on now!

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Where did you hear "players on teams with positive tests"?? I live very close to the facility and have not heard players had positive tests. The County shut it down because they got complaints from the guys down the road that weren't allowed to hold any games. It was a tattle tale.
Again as commented to shiloh already in another thread. Did NOT say it was transmitted at sb games.
Commented the venue was shut down.
Even with having guidelines applied.
Regarding positive tested players...
Keeping names and team names out of posting because that is people's lives and they are going to have to deal with the situation. Hope they get better quickly.

To the 'certain' people who may think other people make up stories....
No political angle here.

* Simply sharing information that is happening in our softball community. Certainly not everybody gets to hear all the information even when its local to them.
It's nice to have a place to share it!
Thanku DFP!

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
I wonder if thousands and thousands of people coming together in cities all across the US to... ummm... protest , shoulder to shoulder, could have had anything to do with rising numbers?

it didn't help any, but the data shows that the increase in cases is simply due to reopening of states. Pretty common sense.

Oct 4, 2018
My team has played tournaments the last 4 weekends in a row. So far I haven’t heard anything coming from these tournaments and my players are all well!

It’s funny that tourney directors want you to follow guidelines but they only provide you with 2 game balls to last the entire tournament. Thousands of people are touching the same ball.

Fortunately scientists have determined that touching surfaces is not a very common way to spread the virus. That was huge news (for so many reasons outside of softball, like groceries/mail/etc) but helps us as well.

Jan 29, 2016
Again as commented to shiloh already in another thread. Did NOT say it was transmitted at sb games.
Commented the venue was shut down.
Even with having guidelines applied.
Regarding positive tested players...
Keeping names and team names out of posting because that is people's lives and they are going to have to deal with the situation. Hope they get better quickly.

To the 'certain' people who may think other people make up stories....
No political angle here.

* Simply sharing information that is happening in our softball community. Certainly not everybody gets to hear all the information even when its local to them.
It's nice to have a place to share it!
Thanku DFP!
I haven't heard that it was shut down because players tested positive. Which is what you said in your previous post. you said this "Yet now the one Nor Calif venue that was hosting games with guidelines for the past several weekends has cancelled next venues do to players on teams with positive tests." I did see a lot of speculation and rumors on Facebook regarding that. I do not think you are making up anything just haven't heard any confirming reports that players tested positive and that is why it got shut down, but I have heard and seen multiple reports from reliable sources that it was shut down because of complaints mostly coming from competing facilities and orgs that were not allowed to play that are also in the same local area.

Jan 29, 2016
@shaunw09
Seems you may have missed this?!
HERE IS MY ORIGINAL POST.
NOTICE THE FIRST SENTENCE
CLEARLY WROTE
Linked to getting it at softball...
Who knows??????

Yes acknowledge the complaints were reason of cease and disist order.
Positive tests also occured.

I guess I didn't read it clearly. My bad. I just hadn't heard of positive tests linked to this situation at this facility. I am wondering when the positive tests occurred? Did they take the test lets say on Thursday and not have results until later that weekend, but still played on Friday? Did they take the test after it got shut down on Friday? Were the people with positive tests there and left? That would help get to a conclusion (maybe) on the question at hand on this thread.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I guess I didn't read it clearly. My bad. I just hadn't heard of positive tests linked to this situation at this facility. I am wondering when the positive tests occurred? Did they take the test lets say on Thursday and not have results until later that weekend, but still played on Friday? Did they take the test after it got shut down on Friday? Were the people with positive tests there and left? That would help get to a conclusion (maybe) on the question at hand on this thread.
Pardon the confusion, i should have offered more details in original post.

No clue as to test dates.
Heard of the event cancellation and positive tests at same time.
Which was befor hearing of or reading article of disturbed community in modbee.

Student just told me locally o.c.
Her team was supposed go play scrimmage games sunday.
When they showed up were told they cant.

Its a rollercoaster for sure!!!
Hang on !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478