Has anyone used the Muhl Kicker training bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2009
I am looking for something to help my DD understand finishing through the ball. I thought this bat with the audible click might help her. I'm just a little worried about the weight.

Thanks.

May 12, 2008
It's not about gadgets, it's about good mechanics leading to a good whip causing good bat speed which will take care of hitting through the ball.

Blanar from Houston?

Apr 20, 2009
Philippines
I agree with Mark H regarding developing good mechanics. I don't think you need to purchase the specialize bat especially if you think it's too heavy for your daughter. Having a heavy bad will make her have a harder time swinging through compared with swinging a bat just right for her.

Make sure to practice her swing everyday even it means just swinging in front of the mirror. Tell her to use her hips as well to help her with finishing through the ball.

To have variety in hitting drills you can thy these out

Softball Hitting Drills - Throw the Bat for More Power | Softball Performance Blog

7 Softball Hitting Drills to Spice Up Your Practices | Softball Performance Blog

May 7, 2008
San Jose, CA
Bblanar,
I have two of the Muhl kickers (each of the weights). I bought them to use in lessons with the pitching machine, looking to add to our warm up drills. I have found limited value at best. I can accomplish the same effect will drills during tee work. My advice would be to save your money.

Aug 21, 2008
I would agree. I bought one and it is rarely used. Watch ebay and it will be on shortly for sale.

Apr 28, 2009
Thanks all. Sounds like I'll save some money and try some new drills. And yes Mark it's me, the blonde left handers Dad! LOL. Hope everything is going well for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28