Has anyone used a Movision Visor?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2018
Was watching college games over the weekend and saw a girl wearing a visor on her mask in the field and then on her helmet when she was up to bad. I looked them up and found Movision. They look pretty legit alternates to wearing sun glasses which my daughter complains that her mask hits when she moves.

Has anyone here used one or seen one?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Be aware that most of these are not legal in most sanctions.

USSSA specifically banned them
Rule 2 Sec 1, 2 & 7 Disallows tinted face shields for batting/catching helmets and defensive face masks

Same with NFHS (so PGF as well)
Rule: 1-6-7
ART. 7 . . . If an eye shield is worn attached to the batting helmet, it must be constructed of a molded rigid material that is clear and permits 100 percent (no tint) allowable light transmission.
1-71-1 disallows for catchers. 1-8-4 for fielding masks

Aug 20, 2018
Be aware that most of these are not legal in most sanctions.

USSSA specifically banned them
Rule 2 Sec 1, 2 & 7 Disallows tinted face shields for batting/catching helmets and defensive face masks

Same with NFHS (so PGF as well)
Rule: 1-6-7
ART. 7 . . . If an eye shield is worn attached to the batting helmet, it must be constructed of a molded rigid material that is clear and permits 100 percent (no tint) allowable light transmission.
1-71-1 disallows for catchers. 1-8-4 for fielding masks

Interesting. I'll see if I can find any pictures of it, I wonder how some college players were wearing them this weekend. Dr. prescription perhaps?

Thanks for the heads up though! Appreciate it.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
DD had one and wore it once. She didn't like how hot it was anyway, but then USSSA banned them (and that's about all we have in Oklahoma). At least with the Rip-It masks, the seal the mask creates on their foreheads, makes wearing the mask pretty hot. They end up with a little greenhouse on their face.

May 16, 2016
Was watching college games over the weekend and saw a girl wearing a visor on her mask in the field and then on her helmet when she was up to bad. I looked them up and found Movision. They look pretty legit alternates to wearing sun glasses which my daughter complains that her mask hits when she moves.

Has anyone here used one or seen one?

Bought one for my DD. It's a nice sturdy visor. Fits the Rip-It fielders mask well. Two clips attach to the cross bar, and the top kind of tucks in under the forehead padding. it stays in place well, and does not shake around. If you get it, I would recommend getting a second mask, and leave it attached, as it is not quick on/off. It takes a few minutes to get it positioned correctly, and you probably will need to remove/replace the forehead pad in the process. Ours came with a bag large enough for the entire mask. So, I told DD to keep it in bag when not in use.

Make sure you order the correct size visor for your mask. The adult visor did not fit younger DDs youth mask.

Vision quality is very good through the shield. I was looking through it, and at certain angles the forehead bar casts a shadow on the visor, which could be distracting, although not really impacting actual vision.

I cannot speak to it being legal, as DD has not tried to wear it in a game. Fear of standing out from others I think. Anyway, it was one of those, hey that's cool purchases I made, without consulting DD who said, yeah it's cool, but she still won't use it.

I could see keeping it clean being an issue, as face masks end up on the dugout floor between innings most of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802