Has anyone use WINreality?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2019
I would think that, if nothing else, just seeing a lot of pitches would help. However, if that were entirely true, catchers would always be the best contact hitters. Still would love to be able to see it in action prior to purchasing.

Dec 11, 2010
I have purchased 64 gig Oculus and Win Reality.

I‘m not ready to make any judgement about it.

I will say that there is nothing cheesy or cheap looking about any of it. This is pretty high quality stuff. Win Reality has a very high level of customer service.

If you are on the fence, have some discretionary cash and feel you have already filled all voids of instruction and practice this might be valuable.

The oculus by itself is very cool and very entertaining.

Aug 10, 2020
I have purchased 64 gig Oculus and Win Reality.

I‘m not ready to make any judgement about it.

I will say that there is nothing cheesy or cheap looking about any of it. This is pretty high quality stuff. Win Reality has a very high level of customer service.

If you are on the fence, have some discretionary cash and feel you have already filled all voids of instruction and practice this might be valuable.

The oculus by itself is very cool and very entertaining.

I was thinking about it as an additional training tool for our organization. Kids could come into the practice facility and use it for a bit in between reps. Not sure if they would all need to sign up for separate accounts though, I will have to check that out.

Dec 11, 2010
I don’t know if they would either.

I was most interested as a way to “see” more live pitching and fill a void on travel and hotel days.

DD’s room mate used it and they had not set up a safe area to swing- keep in mind you can’t see your surroundings when the goggles are on- and she swung the bat unexpectedly. She said “I knew I wasn’t supposed to swing but it just happened. I couldn’t stop myself.” Must be a pretty intense experience.

Sep 21, 2017
PA
Any updates from those that have been using the Quest 2 / Win Reality?

I was at a P5 school's practice the other day, and they had 5 of them hanging on the wall of their indoor facility. They just got them in, and hadn't used them yet, so they didn't have any results/data. It will be interesting to see if they provide value.

Dec 11, 2010
DD has not used it.

college student

Its one of those “ of enough hours in the day” deals I guess.

I feel like it’s low hanging fruit, a missed opportunity.

Oct 12, 2020
DD has not used it.

college student

Its one of those “ of enough hours in the day” deals I guess.

I feel like it’s low hanging fruit, a missed opportunity.
Okay, thanks. I'm guessing for someone at her level it would be good for pitch recognition. My girls are younger and I'm wondering if it would be good for giving them more exposure to velocity. Pitching machines don't give the feel of a ball coming out of a hand.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478