Has anyone here had any experience with The Hitting Vault ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If the hands don’t play. Everything is hit to deep in the zone. Hands are used with the core to produce speed with adjustability(direction).

Do we really think the swing is spin in a circle and tilt/rotate the shoulders on plane with the pitch?

Get the knob to a release point. That’s knob to ball.

Jun 8, 2016
If the hands don’t play. Everything is hit to deep in the zone. Hands are used with the core to produce speed with adjustability(direction).

Do we really think the swing is spin in a circle and rotate the shoulders on plane with the pitch?
Hey I like this post

**checks temperature to make he doesn't have a hallucinating-inducing fever**

:)

Edit: I just saw your edit (everything below what I quoted above)..I retract my previous comment and now the normal order of the universe is restored :LOL: . J/k W=w, you make a good point every few (hundred) posts. That said, you probably should have not picked an all-glove, no stick SS to make your point.. ;)

Last edited:
May 12, 2016

Do we really think the swing is spin in a circle and tilt/rotate the shoulders on plane with the pitch?

Get the knob to a release point. That’s knob to ball.

Do you think this is what he meant? Or do you think he meant too many hitting gurus only focus on hands? I've seen you post a thousand times on here how the larger muscles in the body power the swing... of course the hands play a part.

And for the record, he compares hands to a steering wheel, a steering wheel can inhibit speed and certainly provides adjustability(direction). Just like in a swing, the hands can certainly be a missing piece and be an inhibitor if not using properly.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Some what.

There is more to it then just direction. I believe the hands set the plane of the swing as well.

That means it sets the body up to be in a good position to hit from. Mind you I said set up. The legs do more positioning than given credit for.Tilt is overrated and can be detrimental imo. The feel is in the hands though.

Mlbers want to be above the ball. So the hands/body are slave to this thought. In that order. ‘Down to’ plays on pro fields for this thought and others.

When do the hands set their position? When does the body set its position?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I think Lisle is a salesman first and foremost. That’s why he offers something to the masses that they will be intrigued by. He is about the benjamins baby!

May 12, 2016
Some what.

There is more to it then just direction. I believe the hands set the plane of the swing as well.

That means it sets the body up to be in a good position to hit from. Mind you I said set up. The legs do more positioning than given credit for.Tilt is overrated and can be detrimental imo. The feel is in the hands though.

Mlbers want to be above the ball. So the hands/body are slave to this thought. In that order. ‘Down to’ plays on pro fields for this thought and others.

When do the hands set their position? When does the body set its position?

That's very ironic, I just started a thread where too much tilt is hurting one of my DD's team mates

Feb 27, 2019
It is pretty straight forward. Most of what you find on the internet is garbage... or even worse you have no idea whether or not it is garbage.

I know guys like Matt Lisle actually know what they are doing and how they teach it because they have the results and testimonials from people who I trust. So that knowledge has value and if they can make some money from it -good for them. Especially helpful if you have no idea how to teach or coach a swing and need help that you know is good.

And you are right - no one is forcing anyone to pay for it. How much value you assing to it is up to the individual - if it is worth $ to someone then so be it. - if it is worth $99/year or $10,000/year to someone then that is absolutely their choice.

From my perspective, the local hitting coach wants 50 an hour. If he offers a swing assessment for what equates to 4 hrs of lessons locally then it's a bargain.
"Only members get access to purchase our custom Video Swing Analysis. No matter what your issue is, our coaching staff will review your swing and provide a training plan to unlock your most powerful swing"

What I am most concerned with is in the quality of the program. As stated there are tons of videos out there but determining which ones are good is difficult.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Hey I like this post

**checks temperature to make he doesn't have a hallucinating-inducing fever**

:)

Edit: I just saw your edit (everything below what I quoted above)..I retract my previous comment and now the normal order of the universe is restored :LOL: . J/k W=w, you make a good point every few (hundred) posts. That said, you probably should have not picked an all-glove, no stick SS to make your point.. ;)
Thanks. I 🤔

Just showing the knob getting way out past the body to hit a certain pitch location. Is this a better example?

Poor Pete pushing the knob to ball

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802