Has anyone here had any experience with The Hitting Vault ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I am considering signing up for access to their site has anyone gone through them for hitting?

First I like the swing and the way he teaches it.

Matt Lisle knows what he is doing and despite his moving around from team to team every year there is no doubt that every team he goes to hits better. He is very much the all-or-nothing mindset. Hit the ball hard and over the fence - and when you think about that, that is pretty much right in line with what you see in MLB at the moment.

I have never used Hitting Vault (i.e. never paid for it) but before he launched it I enjoyed the content he produced that is now part of the product. Worth a trial run when he has one of his discounts going.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I am not a member of the Hitting Vault, but I am on his mailing list and have seen a number of his videos. If you spend much time reading the hitting threads here, you will learn very quickly that not everyone sees eye to eye, and quite often the discussion can degrade rapidly. Matt Lisle provides his approach in relatively easy to follow steps. I'm not sure anyone needs 100+ different drills to focus on hitting, but to each his own. But overall, I like the content that I have seen. There are literally thousands of hitting sources out there right now. There are only 6 or 8 that I would be willing to send someone to. The Hitting Vault would be one of them.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
I'm trying to understand why anyone would need to pay someone to see hitting drills.

There are hundreds of them on the interwebs.

Of course I understand that people need to make money, but I also understand that we don't have to spend $$$.

Aug 20, 2017
If he teaches YOU a sound fundamental hitting philosophy and provides a few drills that YOU can understand, feel and teach, I think it’s money well spent. It takes a long time to develop a strong understanding of any hitting philosophy.You can’t watch a few drill on the internet and all of a sudden be able to teach hitting. I here so many bad teaches being spouted out at these travel tournaments. Ex: pitcher throwing hard, coaches yell load up while hitter is in stance, hitter immediately leans back over back foot. If you pay for it take the time to thoroughly understand everything he is teaching and know that there are no quick fixes in hitting! It takes months of good reps with a good coach training the hitter. JMO

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I'm trying to understand why anyone would need to pay someone to see hitting drills.

Of course I understand that people need to make money, but I also understand that we don't have to spend $$$.
There are a LOT of bad hitting drills on the web. LOTS! Having good, complete content is a plus. I was a member for a year and liked 95% of it. Very well thought out and well produced videos. For me, it was good content.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida

It is pretty straight forward. Most of what you find on the internet is garbage... or even worse you have no idea whether or not it is garbage.

I know guys like Matt Lisle actually know what they are doing and how they teach it because they have the results and testimonials from people who I trust. So that knowledge has value and if they can make some money from it -good for them. Especially helpful if you have no idea how to teach or coach a swing and need help that you know is good.

And you are right - no one is forcing anyone to pay for it. How much value you assing to it is up to the individual - if it is worth $ to someone then so be it. - if it is worth $99/year or $10,000/year to someone then that is absolutely their choice.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
I guess what I was trying to say above is, he says he offers "100+ Drill Videos". I have seen maybe 3 or 4 drills or videos that were any good. 99% of drills are backwards, or counterproductive. So his claim makes me skeptical.

julray's post#5 video was good. Very good. If you apply this logic to 99% of videos on youtube, you will see which ones are bad.

And the pricing makes me skeptical. $149 per year for 21 videos only. After you learn his approach, why do you need to keep paying? If he has annual pricing, this means he's probably holding some ideas/videos back.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802