Has anyone attended a Wasserman Throwing Clinic?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2018
Or know someone who has? Thinking about sending my daughter to one in August. Its $150, which I'm willing to spend if she is going to get a lot out of it. She's 13 playing 14u. Throws decently, but definitely can improve.

Nov 18, 2015
Send her. Watch her. Video her doing the drills if you can.

Stand off to the side and take pages of notes.

I went 2 years ago (it was set up for older girls, so I left my daughter home and went "solo" as a coach).

Austin is a great presenter - workshop will probably start with some video review of throwing motions, he'll explain how the shoulder muscles/structure works together, and then will move into warm-ups, strengthening exercises, and plenty of throwing drills.

Feb 21, 2017
We went to Austin about 6 years ago and DD1 (plays OF) throwing patterns were bad (not terrible) but after a session she picked up 4-5 MPH and has never stopped getting better. OHT is well into 60s now and during the college recruiting rounds more than one coach commented to her or me (if the figured out I was her parent) she throws with zero effort and the ball jumps out of her hand.

I credit Austin for opening my eyes to a good throw. I also curse Austin because I cannot not see all the bad form.

Go, take notes, get book and a year from now you won’t believe you waited so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 22, 2011
My DD worked with him in a one-on-one lesson about 5 years ago. I highly recommend going to the clinic.

Apr 30, 2018
Have taken my DD twice now and will go again this fall when he comes back. Worth every penny. He sent an email out afterwards with a 50% off code for his e-book. The 70-80 videos in that book are great. Really wish I could convince our HC to implement his training.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jan 3, 2014
Didn't attend a clinic. But bought his e-book a long time ago. DD used to have elbow pain a lot. After working through his throwing progressions her elbow pain went away. I can't say she throws a ton harder. But, she lasts an entire season of catching now without the elbow issues. That's worth it in my book.

Nov 18, 2015
I also curse Austin because I cannot not see all the bad form.
Yeah - it's the 'lightbulb' moments like this that make it so hard to just sit and watch a game. For me the worst was when I discovered/understood DBSF (drop barrel, swing flat), But I guess life isn't that bad if DBSF is one of the top things I sometimes wish I could "un-see".

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't attend a clinic. But bought his e-book a long time ago. DD used to have elbow pain a lot. After working through his throwing progressions her elbow pain went away. I can't say she throws a ton harder. But, she lasts an entire season of catching now without the elbow issues. That's worth it in my book.
Which e-book are you referencing? Is it the strength training or something else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom