Hands Back Hitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2008
I don't like the concept, but I haven't used it myself. They have some photos demonstrating it's use; they aren't good examples of swing mechanics...

00019_z.jpg

00012_z.jpg

225_z.jpg

* The last sample is for the Stayback Tee

May 12, 2008
It can teach a kid not to lunge but thereafter you need to start hitting the ball on the way up rather than on way down or it causes you to stop everything briefly as you wait on the ball to come down. I do agree with CSHilt's characterization of these pics as suboptimal.

May 28, 2008
so............stay away??? It just looked like something they can do by themselves and still have some fun???

May 12, 2008
I bet it's a load of fun for a young one and something I'd put the bottom half of my LL lineup on and let'em go. Top half of my lineup, and the bottom half after they got better, would have to hit the ball on the way up if they used it.

May 28, 2008
thanks for your help.............so is there a training aid out there that is more benifical that the kids can use by themselves as well as with me watching

May 12, 2008
I like the way Englishbey uses those elastic tie down bands with a hook on each end to put on the fence to help kids match the angles they should be setting up. That's cheap. Ifubuildit's got a gadget I like but I don't know if it's ready for publication yet. Knowledge is the most important tool. With it you can invent all sorts of things to help kids get where they need to be.

May 13, 2008
thanks for your help.............so is there a training aid out there that is more benifical that the kids can use by themselves as well as with me watching

Yes! A batting tee. This may seem like a flippant answer, but its the God's honest truth. Players at every level of baseball and softball use tee-work as part of their swing training routine.

-Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28