Hands apart

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 27, 2020
Completely missed the point…

“Hell I would EVEN take Team Canada or Japan…”

seriously? Gold and Bronze medal teams for their nation at the Olympics and you would “EVEN” consider them over a NCAA team?
I was replying to a poster that put up NCAA hitting stats vs. the 2021 national teams, namely Japan

Apr 27, 2020
Team USA did not have its best players there or it would have been a different result.

Hashed and rehashed on this site and many others.

We got what we deserved. We had a head coach who has never won anything with his college team. Had a hitting coach that put out a real cool dvd but whose teams never really did much. The selection committee put together a team that was not up to it. If these jokers had Crystl Bustos show up to the trials in her prime they would have passed on her. Then we showed up and sleep walked through the Games thinking we could score a run here or there and go home and film commercials with their gold medals around their necks.

It was arrogant and we deserved to lose, despite Osterman and Abbot.

Hitters hit. You don’t pick players that can’t hit and “work real hard on hitting” and magically make a hitter where there wasn’t one before. At the got dayum OLYMPIC GAMES.

Come to think of it, maybe some guy on the internet who had a notion that the split grip could solve all our problems is better than what we had.

I told you I was salty. I wasn’t kidding.
Maybe your not salty you just have a reading comprehension issue. ..

Reread all my post and you will see at no time did I ever state a split grip could solve team USAs issues or was better than any of the other grips/swing styles...
With that said...Here is the roster of team USA and their bios....This roster includes All Americans and players that have had a history of success at the collegiate level well as international play.
Who do you cut and who do you replace them with?

Dec 11, 2010
Covering ground that’s already been covered. I’ll take a pass, thanks.

You should have showed up here a couple weeks ago when people wanted to talk about this.

Or maybe in 2010 when this thread started.

Apr 27, 2020
Covering ground that’s already been covered. I’ll take a pass, thanks.

You should have showed up here a couple weeks ago when people wanted to talk about this.

Or maybe in 2010 when this thread started.
Ha,
I was on DFP long before this thread started in 2010.
I remember back 10/12 years ago all the dumb arguments with guys on hitting between members where a lot of posters had never coached or, had a dd that played fastpitch...Back then many were also baseball guys that only had video of MLB players....

This thread while old has had a lot of looks and good comments (from some) even after being dug up after 10 years...

Why did I dig it up? I thought wow, this style while not widely accepted would be a good topic for discussion after Japan did what they did (again) and listening to Joey Votto at the academy talk about the various grips.... Turns out it was valuable to dig up since some did not even know choking up was a grip change...

I remember back in the day...Howard Carrier or, Hitter (who just passed away this week) brought a lot of good conversation to this site and other sites as it related to hitting along with Crystl…
Howard will be missed but his ideas, willingness to put himself out there with his ideas and tools that resulted in success with thousands of ladies and coaches with their approach to hitting, fielding, throwing will live on through his instruction (that by the way, is nowhere close to the hands apart or rotational swing that has been discussed in this thread)....

Attachments

• Static Hitting Clinic 159.JPG
    Static Hitting Clinic 159.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • Picture 2 of Howard (2).jpg
    Picture 2 of Howard (2).jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member