Handling of team/player finances

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 4, 2018
There's either a language barrier or autocorrect issue with your response. While agreeing to a program's annual dues is normal... requesting information on where the $ is going should not cause any conflict. Any youth sports organization that refuses to disclose their finances, often has something to hide. Of course, there are exceptions on both sides of this topic, but "I paid, end of story" is not an acceptable response.

I don't give two $hits where the money is/was spent. The organization provides a service, if I don't like the cost that they charge for the service they provide I can go and find another team. End of story. I don't understand what is not acceptable about that response.

I don't care if the organization is making money off each player. I actually think that the people who run the organization should be making money. Those people spend a lot of time making sure everything is running smoothly.

May 29, 2015

Sep 24, 2019
Again I DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW MUCH IT IS COSTING ME as long as my money is being spent for something. If they told me that any balance I had in my account would go to the org I would be fine with it. If it is not then I should be able to use it for future costs. In our case extras left over are not used for anything..it just sits there and hence I should know about it in this case and knowing about it shouldn't be me having to ask the treasurer every damn time hence the original topic question...
I am the treasurer for a brand new team, we are not part of a larger organization so I am sure it is a little different for us... I do provide the parents with quarterly reports.

Just a thought....
I know that for our team the expenses do not come in equally every quarter the way your payments do, so possibly there are months you have a 0 or negative balance.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom