Hand Towel for Hitting Warm Up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
At our local LL there's a no swinging bats policy for safety reasons. While I understand the reasoning, personally I think with adult supervision it should be allowed, but that's for another thread...

On this particular night there was some rain before the game so we had hand towels (about 12 x 24") for drying the balls. While supervising the dugout I had the idea of having them swing the hand towel when they were in the hole. I told them to use their imagination and swing hard 10-15 times like they want to hit a hard line drive through the infield. I think the idea worked since the girls hit well. I'm planning on doing the same tonight as well. I think the concept is called underloading where you swing something lighter than you normally do to help increase speed.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
I forgot my hand towel last night but had a regular sized towel in the car. I tied a knot in one end and had the girls swing at an imaginary ball on a tee (tee in place but no ball). I think this worked even better since the knot added some weight. The girls who swung hard had immediate feedback since the knotted end hit them in the back.

May 13, 2008
I forgot my hand towel last night but had a regular sized towel in the car. I tied a knot in one end and had the girls swing at an imaginary ball on a tee (tee in place but no ball). I think this worked even better since the knot added some weight. The girls who swung hard had immediate feedback since the knotted end hit them in the back.

This is how the Whip Hit bat came into existence. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802